No announcement yet.

Does anyone else crash after work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I experienced the same problem many of you do and it is DRIVING me crazy. Thought if I took my vitamins regularly, got off the last few pounds of weight, changed up my diet (atkins) or restarted C25K I could get my normal energy back. No success. Heck, I don't even have the energy to finished the C25K this time around. No sweat 2 years ago.

With 2 small kids + work + all the house stuff, napping isn't an option. Is there anything else that has worked?

Comment

I'm exhausted all the time, I have moment of energy... My 25 minute drive home is exhausting. I thought it was old age, but have come to realize I'm not old! Only 49, but I feel like I'm 99....

Comment

Very rarely do I not crash when I get home. There are so many days I don't even know how I make it through the day. Then, on the weekends, I'll end up taking 4 hour naps both days, I guess to catch up on the sleep I needed during the week but didn't get. Sadly, Nuvigil did nothing good for me.

I know it's the MS, but I find it so weird that a couple years ago I was working three 12 hour shifts in a row every week, plus sometimes getting called out in the middle of the night and I functioned just fine. My days off were spent doing what I wanted to do. Now I can barely manage to get through 8 hours and spend all my off time resting. During those 8 hours, all I think about is I can't wait to go home and sleep. MS sucks.
        Diagnosed 1/4/13
        Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Originally posted by DuchessJ510 View Post
          I'm exhausted all the time, I have moment of energy... My 25 minute drive home is exhausting. I thought it was old age, but have come to realize I'm not old! Only 49, but I feel like I'm 99....

I don't drive much anymore because the energy it takes is just eaten up in a short time. I guess it's the concentration that it takes to drive even a few miles. I get you.
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

We sat with our realtor for a couple hours yesterday and it absolutely wore me out. I was so antsy by the time we were half-way through that I just layed down, got up, walked over here, sat there, half listened, missed part of what he was saying etc. This exhaustion has multiplied at least by 3 in the last year.

I have other problems, like Fibromyalgia and Graves Disease which both cause fatigue. So there's no hope of getting over this.

I truly sympathize with anyone who goes through this, especially the MS-ers.
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

When I was working, I crashed every night and was asleep by 7 pm, my husband would wake me at 9:30 to go to bed. Weekends were not much better. When I couldn't recover the next am for work, it was time to call it quits.

I do feel for everyone in this cycle - no life outside of work.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Me to

yes i also crashed hard . when i worked it in 2001 seemed like i was not even going to make it to parking lot to get in the van then when i did i was so exausted . i would try not to passout while was sitting there driving or at a light then get home drag myself up 3 flights then couldnt even change out of uniform would still be in it . next morning ... this was before my dx . soon tho had to stop working, driving so on i do feel for everyone . cause its very hard to explain to someone . we are not lazy at all . ms is a ride and i try to stay buckled up when i remember to lol lol

Comment

Working...
                X