Anyone in the clemastine trial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try searching "otcrx4u" dot com

I've been taking the stuff for about two months now and honestly, I can't definitively say if it helps at all.

Comment

I buy it at Walgreens

$8.99 for 16 1.34 pills. A bit expensive, but at least they have it....

Comment

I've been taking 1 x 1.34mg for 6 months and I was doing fine. I didn't know if it was working or not. About a month ago I took my last dose since I couldn't find them anywhere online or in-person. Since then I've noticed a return of my some of my symptoms I haven't had since before I started taking these 6 months ago.

I franticly looked for other places and finally got a hold of some at Pet Rx online. I bought all they had left (4 bottles). I just started again today.

I honestly think it helps a lot, but who knows. It's kinda fishy that these pills have been available for decades and suddenly after announcing a study for MS they suddenly go off market. I think that's a good sign that maybe they do work and are now being prepared for rebranding?

Comment

I'm part of the clinical trial

Originally posted by Echo2099 View Post
          Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone on the board is in the Clemastine trial or does anyone have any experience this drug?

I took it for allergies years ago, before I was diagnosed with MS.

I didn't have any side affects with this drug, so hopefully it will show some promise.

Hi! My neuro works at UCSF and he asked me if I'd be willing to be a part of it. I wouldn't take it without the clinical trial especially because you have no proof it's actually working (I have to get 1.5 hour MRIs every check up, among other things).

Initially, I felt tired but it went away. I've been on it for about a month and a half now and I don't really have any crazy side effects. Judging by my tired feeling, I think I started on the drug instead of the placebo. After next month, I'll be switching to the placebo for the final two months.

I think if anyone is up for a drive to California there's still one spot left.

Comment

I've bought 5 grams of clemastine fumarate and should get it in a week. I'm going to take 4 mg twice a day like the trial. I really hope that it works with remyelination.

Comment

I will try clemastine

I've bought 5 grams of clemastine fumarate and should get it in a week. I'm going to take 4 mg twice a day like the trial. I really hope that it works with remyelination.

Comment

Updates on Clemastine effectiveness?

I am new to MSWorld (diagnosed 2012). I stumbled across this forum from 2014 just the other day. I immediately, with my "troops", started looking for Clemastine. As reported back then, the drug was "out of stock", "unavailable", "discontinued", "on back order", etc. What I fount was a few boxes of "Wal-Hist" at different Walgreens; 16- 1.34 mg pills, about $9.00.

I started buying them with the intent of getting enough for my own 3 month trial, taking 2 a day. Then I slowed down and tried to see any results as to efficacy of rebuilding mylin from the trial or individuals.

This lead me back to the original forum post I'd read. Also before I begin my personal trial I'll consult my neurologist for several reasons, mostly, he'll know how to record results.

Please let me know of any updates you're aware of. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ty10smith View Post
                  I am new to MSWorld (diagnosed 2012). I stumbled across this forum from 2014 just the other day. I immediately, with my "troops", started looking for Clemastine. As reported back then, the drug was "out of stock", "unavailable", "discontinued", "on back order", etc. What I fount was a few boxes of "Wal-Hist" at different Walgreens; 16- 1.34 mg pills, about $9.00.

I started buying them with the intent of getting enough for my own 3 month trial, taking 2 a day. Then I slowed down and tried to see any results as to efficacy of rebuilding mylin from the trial or individuals.

This lead me back to the original forum post I'd read. Also before I begin my personal trial I'll consult my neurologist for several reasons, mostly, he'll know how to record results.

Please let me know of any updates you're aware of. Thanks
                  Hello ty10smith and welcome to MSW

I hope there will be replies and updates from the members who have tried, or are trying Clemastine.

Did you see this article from the National MS Society website?

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Ab...ulating-Myelin

It would be wonderful if the larger clinical trials show that Clemastine really does help to significantly repair myelin!

Take Care
                  PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Reliable supplier?

Originally posted by ty10smith View Post
                    Hi ty10smith,

I've ordered packets of 1.34 mg Dayhist from Amazon, but as you probably know, the availability there is hit or miss. Have you found a more steady supplier?

What are your results taking clemastine fumarate? After about three weeks, I can't say for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X