How does ms numbness manifest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does ms numbness manifest?

Hello! I'm in limbo and have recently had blood tests to rule out other issues. My question is, do these new symptoms warrant more testing? I trust your opinions since you are all dealing with this on a day to day basis.

I have a good neurologist that I trust, but I don't want to go through more testing if it's not necessary.

Most recently I had a sudden intense numbness and tingling on my outer shin. That turned into just numbness that felt like I had a thick piece of plastic over my skin. It lasted for about 3 weeks, than slowly went away.

I have other symptoms but those can be attributed to many autoimmune issues that I currently have.

How does your numbness manifest? Is it really localized or does it generally effect the entire body at once?

The tips of my fingers are numb, like I'm cold. My left leg is numb, but I have sensation. I cut myself shaving really bad and can't feel a vibrator that my neurologist puts on it. During the flare I had 0 sensation in my abdomen. It was like my body was erased below my 10th rib. Thankfully that went away because it was really disconcerting.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Dylin. It is very disconcerting...I understand that. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a scary experience.

When I first called the Dr. office, I laughed because I said I needed to be seen, not because I hurt, but because I couldn't feel...it was a very scary experience. Shaving was the worst and felt so alien!

I appreciate your input!

Comment

Both my hands and fingers are numb like I slept on them but I have sensation.

Comment

Working...
        X