MS Treatment Take Away The Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Treatment Take Away The Pain

Newbie and wondering if any of these drugs take away the weird sensations, numbness and pain?

I hope for some replies.

My best to all
    Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Gabapentin or Lyrica/Pregabalin can help with pain and parasthesia.

Comment

Thanks....I'm on gaberpentin the last years.

Thanks...
      Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS

Comment

My neuro put me on gabapentin. I did try Lyrica but it upset my stomach pretty bad. So I stayed with gabapentin.

I take it every 8 hours and my pcp gave me tramadol (ultram) for pain, I call it my chaser.

It is what works for me.

Praying that you find the relief you need. Pain and parathesis is not fun.
        STR

Comment

In addition to Lyrica, I take antidepressant, Cymbalta. The two together, although not perfect, really help.
          Been taking Avonex since June 96
          For me Interferon therapy is essential in slowing MS down.
          Will continue with the weekly injections and take my disease one day at a time...

Comment

Tonite I just can't get my body to quiet down....even with the meds. I may have to as my PCP to up my anti-depressant. You guys are the best. I appreciate every share.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS

Comment

I take Cymbalta (which is also used for depression). Within 2-3 weeks, I noticed a remarkable difference with pain. It doesn't hurt that it serves as an anti-depressant as well!

Comment

Debbie did you have any side effects. I'm so dang sensitive to drugs. I'm already allergic to 11. I've been on zoloft for many many years and has worked for me. Do you use cymbalta on top of your regular? I'll have to re-read your post. That's where that good ole brain fog get in my way. LOL!!!!!

Thanks my friend.
                Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                RRMS

Comment

Working...
                X