NECK issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NECK issues?

Up until about a year or so ago I only had stiff neck issues for a couple to 3 weeks at a time in the summer.

Now my neck is always stiff & or sore and I have a sore spot (P/T says its a knot) on each side. Heat massage and electro thing helps very little.

Any suggestions?

Gomer

I'm dealing with this now. I'm on week 6. My neck made a loud series of cracks in the shower and then I couldn't move it for a few days. It got better but then I would move it too much and the pain came back. I bought a firmer pillow and work a collar so I wouldn't move my head. lol. But it's not going away.

I finally saw the internist today and he said it's the tight tendons on the sides and I should take ibuprofen and use heat every day. But maybe most importantly make sure when you're on the computer don't be sitting with it on your lap because this might be affecting your posture and neck position. I am spending hours on my computer with my head tilted down and it's a relatively recent development so that's probably the issue and the cracks in the shower were just the culmination.

So, as far as suggestions go: Make sure you have a good pillow nsaids and heat daily, don't spend hours looking down. Don't do anything for hours on end if you can help it. The collar's optional. I don't think it did much.

Also a muscle relaxer could help. I'm trying the nsaids first bc it could be inflammation at this point.

I hope you feel better soon. This really sucks and prevents me from exercising and wanting to be out and about in general. I hope we both get this under control soon.

Comment

I am limited when it comes to NSAIDS... I have marginal kidneys stage-3 CKD and nsaids are hard on kidneys. I do take baby aspirin for my ticker.

I have to start special altered meds routine Monday night for my kidneys in prep for a test Wed at the horsepital. Then Fri I have to go for kidney labs to have them checked after the testing.

I have a couple horse collars of sort (neck pillows) that help a little. I may try some flexeril and see if that helps??

Gomer

Comment

Working...
      X