Feeling "Swimmy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling "Swimmy"

Woke up Friday feeling pretty dizzy. Went to neuro and he gave me a steroids shot and also a prescription for Prednisone and antivert. Felt better by that night. Have been feeling decent since then until today. Feeling like I am swaying even when I am being still and also unsteady on my feet. Anyone else had this feeling? Kinda like I have been floating in a pool all day and still feeling it. Will this pass? Or is this related to this low barometric pressure we are having here in the south with this nasty weather?! Any input, hope, or personal experience would be great!

Had that in the fall. Lasted about 6 weeks- but... it went away.

Comment

Good description

I like your description. I do feel that way. I wonder, do you feel less 'swimmy' when you are sitting down.

This feeling is tiring. It's difficult to feel like I want to get up and do anything.

Diane
      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Dang! I hope it goes away sooner than that for me. Sorry you had to deal with it that long. I know how you felt!

Comment

Your symptoms concern me. When I felt that way I was having a major flare. Your neuro didn't do an MRI? At least you got the steroids.

Comment

Palmtree,

How was your flare treated? I take the last steroid today and I don't even know that they have done any good. The real dizziness stopped that night after he gave me the steroid shot in the office. I still wonder if this great imbalance problems is caused by the weather or my bad eyesight or lack of sleep. I guess it could any or none of those things. Just don't really want to do the MRI. They are very hard on me. I can't lay flat (gives me a major headache) and about 1/2 way through I have an urgent need to pee!

Comment

I use that term swimmy too! For me it's that weird dizzy floating off balance feeling I get in my head. It's my low level vertigo. Happens several times a day for a few seconds to hours. Really lousy feeling like you are going to fall over at any moment but you don't. Sorry you're dealing with it too

Comment

Working...
              X