Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got some 'roids!

Hoooh-yeah!
    And d'ya know, the sodding stuff still works!

Six hideous months of lurching about like Shana of the Dead, one quite big shot of 'roids and aaaahhhhh....

Yes, doubled the blood pressure medicine, yes I can feel the thrush fungi coming out to play on my tongue, but I don't care. I can walk! Nothing pretty, but better.

I am a tad overstimulated as you may have guessed.

Thinkimjob, congrats on the steriods. In +12yrs since my dx, they've never been offered or rx'ed. Trying to convince my MS doc to consider them for me, but I'm no longer in the inflammatory stages of MS, and in general my doc is opposed to steriod use. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Comment

Enjoy the steroid high! Glad you are getting some relief!

Comment

thinkimjob, so glad you`re getting some relief!. look forward to reading your overstimulated stories of this (i`ve got my rubber clothes on to fend off all liquid i laugh out instead of drinking it)
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Me too...but you are a lot happier than me.

But you know what Think? I am really glad you got them and hope you are feeling right as rain very soon.

BTW...I like Doctors about as much as you like Fluffy Rabbit.

Cheers-Sharon
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Good for you Think! Hope this good feeling lasts quite a while.

Bree

Comment

So glad you got some relief!! Did you get 1 round or for a few days?
              Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

The Rabbit has gone! Came back from Easter holiday, such as it was, and she's hopped off with to Brisbane with herfiancé. She has a new job working at a school with children with disabilities.
                This I did not predict. Perhaps she learned something after all. I certainly hope so.

My boss wrote her the nuclear reactor of glowing references and said she'd had lots of experience working with, and I quote, "a workmate with a signigificant disability, and always showed compassion and understanding."

"Um yeah, but no, but yeah, but not really." Never mind, she's gone and I wish her well.

Comment

Hi Thinkimjob,

I'm glad to hear you finally got some steroids, and most of all, that they are HELPING you! I wasn't exactly sure why they were still being denied to you, except for your blood pressure issues. I hadn't read that they lost their efficacy for you, and even if you crossed over to SP, your relapse proved you are still showing signs of inflammation.

No matter, I do hope you continue to improve from your flare.

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
                  The Rabbit has gone! Came back from Easter holiday, such as it was, and she's hopped off with to Brisbane with herfiancé. She has a new job working at a school with children with disabilities.
                  This I did not predict. Perhaps she learned something after all. I certainly hope so.

My boss wrote her the nuclear reactor of glowing references and said she'd had lots of experience working with, and I quote, "a workmate with a signigificant disability, and always showed compassion and understanding."

"Um yeah, but no, but yeah, but not really." Never mind, she's gone and I wish her well.
                  Seriously? That might be funny if it wasn't so very sad how much compassion and understanding she lacked ever showing you! I would only HOPE she had some sort of revelation and learned something (doubtful ), for the sake of those dear children! Regardless, I'm glad she isn't in your life anymore. I must confess, I'll miss reading more of your entertaining stories about her.

Best wishes,
                  Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

The Fluffster will probably be very good with children with a disability, as long as they like featuring in her "selfies" collection, which includes hundreds of Fluffy hugging children from all around the world. She has very beautiful, very expensive teeth.

She's not a bad person, just a bit self-centred.

As for the 'roids, my regular doctor is on holiday yet again, so I thought I'd try my luck with the locum.

He read the abridged version of the "War and Peace" which constitutes my medical records, and said, "If she's prescribing you Aubagio, and you're still having flares, and your blood pressure is under control, and the man in charge of your aneurysm doesn't mind, then let's give it a go."

Thank you, kind Sir.

Comment

Working...
                    X