Skipped med doses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skipped med doses

How many times can you miss a dose of your DMD before you could have some relapse symptoms? Also if you have pneumonia is it safe to still take your DMD? Thanks ahead for any advice.

That depends on which DMT you take honestly, and really, if you want to stay healthy, don't fool around with that stuff. You never know when your going to get the big relapse that is like a stroke. I did that with Rebif, got a relapse that was a stroke-like reaction, and I still am impaired from that relapse. Still can't talk clearly, can't swallow well, weak left side, balance issues, severe nysagmus, and decreased urine function.

If you have pneumonia, it is important to keep taking your DMT. They do reduce your WBCs, but your docs will take care to that by monitoring it closely. Don't forget to ask about it!

Take care
    Stay on your docs and make sure they are taking care of you!
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I came off at the beginning of the year because my insurance required me to change to extavia. My beta seton ran out end of January and my doctor didn't get all the paperwork in for extavia until a couple of weeks after that then had to wait another week for delivery. I had a lot of symptoms then. Even thought extra via is supposedly same as betaseron I'm having a lot of flu symptoms now. Never did with betaseron. It's weird but I get headache sore throat chills etc. I was quite sick this weekend with pneumonia and couldn't take more symptoms. Will get back to it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X