Happy holidays, part one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy holidays, part one

The joy of wifi! Spent the week teaching 91 year-old Grandma how to use an Ipad. (She's remarkably good. Press down like the police are fingerprinting you, worked a treat.)

"They're going to put me in a home," was her main topic of conversation. Well, for the love of etc, don't go walking out in the dark, at night, when you can't see, at all, and you refuse to wear a hearing aid and you are completely deaf.

"Oh, they resent having to look after me." No, they don't, they're just worried you'll trip over and break something.

"Oh, I just want to die, if that happens. I could not live if I was crippled." Aaarrgghhh, Grandma, have a look at me!

Didn't say that. I have been the very model of whatever...

love it

I have worked with the elderly for many years. I absolutely love their spunk. Sounds like grandma has some. LOL
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

[QUOTE=Thinkimjob;1449747
      "Oh, I just want to die, if that happens. I could not live if I was crippled."
      [/QUOTE]

That kind of talk makes me want to say a bunch of stuff that's against the TOS of the site. Seriously. People who are saying my life is not worth living can suck it. Even grannies.

You're a trooper, Think.
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Working...
      X