Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it feel like your body is giving up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it feel like your body is giving up?

Sometimes my body just feels like it's giving up. It doesn't feel like a flu or anything like that. It just feels like there is too much going on and the body just can't take it any more.

I have never felt quite like this before and it kind of worries me. I finally have adjusted to having this and all the other diseases and now my body says ok now I am done you take over. I just don't feel it has the fight in it any more.

Just wondering crazy thoughts. Some people say they can feel when their time is up. How do you now? How does it feel?

Am I just being weird? Or thinking to much? Every time I turn around there is something else. Is that a sign?

I am not giving up but is my body?

Hummmmmm?
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Sometimes I feel like I'm dying. I have several other autoimmune issues and the MS makes them all seem worse. Or maybe the other stuff makes the MS feel worse. Not sure which one.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I feel exactly the same. I am pretty tough, but this last six months, it's just been one thing after the other. It seems like every day there's something new. I just want a break.
      It feels kind of like Autumn for my myelin. All the leaves are falling off the tree.

Comment

Ditto from me also

Haven't felt well at all past few months and have the same feelings.

Comment

I have never felt that my whole body was giving up, but I have felt as though certain parts of it were. And I will echo "I have several other autoimmune issues and the MS makes them all seem worse. Or maybe the other stuff makes the MS feel worse. Not sure which one."
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

When I am having a "mini flare" or get too tired, (from "over-doing" it) I feel like my body is on "shut down".

I was like that for most of the week, this week. However, amazingly, I am on an "up-swing" again. Give your body some rest and see if that helps. Also, speak with your neuro about it. (That is what you pay them for)
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Yes, I do feel it!

The past month or so I've felt really lousy. I feel shaky, but not on the outside; on the inside.

I'm very tired, more than usual. I agree that at times you wonder if it is 'time' to go. However, I don't want to quit, but I'd love to feel better.

I'm kind of heartened to hear others have similar feelings, though I don't mean to say that's great or anything. Just feels better to know I'm in good company.

Did anyone else who has responded her have a flu type virus (upper respiratory). Both my DH and I had it and in my case I haven't felt well since. I did take some over the counter meds (like Nyquil) to help manage symptoms.

This virus really causes a plugged up nose and lots of coughing and snuffling. I don't like to use OTC meds, but I would just not be able to rest I was so plugged up. This wasn't the flu that we were supposed to get vaccinated for. My DH went to the doctor and he did a nasal swab which ruled out the flu strain that the vaccination was for. I got my cold/virus a few days after DH. I wasn't anywhere that I would have picked up anything different.

Anyway, hope everyone gets to feeling better soon (as better as we get with MS).

Diane
              You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

went to the doc on Friday to try to get relief from some of the crap that is bothering so much. She gave me an antibiotic and I'm not sure if it was the antibiotic or now I have the flu. My cheeks were bright red and I could not breathe or catch my breath. Called and said to stop taking antibiotic and take a Benadryl. did all that and I now think it is the flu. still feel crappy ,cold chills, body aches and my head in pounding.

I really need a break from all of this.

Sorry for everyone that has to deal with any of this.
                DIAGNOSED=2012
                ISSUES LONG BEFORE
                REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

When fatigue hits, yes, but it. (eventually) passes. Having said that I feel awful all the time but the fatigue just makes me want to lay down on the street and have wild animals take me away, lol

Comment

Yes. It feels like my body hits the "turn off " button and I'm struggling to walk

Comment

Working...
                    X