Ok, know a lot about MS, now may also may Diabetes 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, know a lot about MS, now may also may Diabetes 1

Ok, so I'm basically bedridden now. But I can still get in and out of bed and into my wheelchair. So my daughter advised me to go to my fp since I hadn't been there in a while.

Well now the blood tests came back a little over the diabetes level. I had been eating a lot of rice and gluten free pasta. I know, carbs, carbs. But my weight was fine, etc. My daughter had a fit that I was eating too many carbs, diabetes is what she told me.

Well, now I'm into fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. So, now I will learn about diabetes, because I know nothing about that.

So this accounting major will learn about the medical field someday

Hi Marie12,

Sorry to hear your glucose levels were high. I hope that with diet, you can keep that in check and won't need medication.

My mom developed Type II Diabetes, and has to keep it in check now both with oral meds and by watching her diet. I also spent a lot of time with my cousin growing up, who is had type I since she was 5. She even went into a diabetic coma once while she was staying with our family, and know it's nothing to mess around with.

There are quite a few other members here who also have it. I hope they can share some words of wisdom with you and offer you their encouragement.

Please let us know how you are doing!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I need to find diabetic info websites

I use to have an hour a day, now I am down to half hour a day. My husband found another one of my favorite wheelchair cushions at 'walmart' for twenty dollars.

I did good today. I didn't buy any of the pretty flowers for sale. My husband always has everything mowed and trimmed so nice, I know if I tear up a patch for flowers, sooner than later, he'll b the one who has to full the weeds and maintain it.

I am only fifty seven. But I guess this is how most people feel when they are 114

Comment

Working...
      X