Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here takes only LDN and NO other MS drugs? PLEASE post and let me know....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much for posting Trixi!

Others have said that their neuro okayed using LDN along with Tecfidera. May I ask the very important question… is Tec the med you are taking? There is no apparent conflict I see with doing so but hearing from MSers first-hand really helps. Theory is good but experience is better, IMO.

KiKi, sorry I can’t answer your good questions. You doctor would be the best source. I don’t know if you need more vitamin D than what is an acceptable level for others. Really a great question for researchers to ponder… do MSers need more vit D than normal? Remember sun is the best source for it. Some do postulate only the sun provides what we need with vit D.

Trixi, really hope to hear from you about the med. Thanks a million for sharing and making a difference in our lives.

Best to you KiKi.

Thanks knuckle, for your meaningful contributions.

Comment

I think LDN and Tecfidera both do the same thing - they are balance Tcell proliferation and thus modulate immune system function.

LDN does it by it's Naltrexone blockade of the Pituitary Gland resulting in an Endorphin surge and the Endorphins balance Tcells.

Tecfidera does it by correcting a Fumaric Acid deficiency in the Citric Acid Cycle and once this is done normal Endorphin production resumes.

Why this Fumaric Acid deficiency exists with MSers, as well as with those with Psoriasis and some other autoimmune diseases, seems connected to lack of vitamin D absorption from sunlight or diet.

While taking both LDN and Tecfidera should be perfectly fine since LDN is non-toxic, it's probably unnecessary. LDN and vitamin D should cover the bases. Just my opinion...

If your neuro thinks Tecfidira is the way to go, with it's accompanying side-effects, I would ask he/she to explain how the drug works before you take it every day for years.

Comment

Working...
      X