MS & The Easter Bunny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS & The Easter Bunny

Awhile ago I was able to adopt an ex-research rabbit...he lived with us in our home for 6 years then passed away last year on Christmas. As someone who has benefited hugely from animal research (check out the notes that accompany your meds: dogs, cats, monkeys, countless mice and others...)

I've often thought, and think about the millions of sacrificed little lives, so that I (and many other people) can be well. I grieve that we still have need of animal test subjects, and hope at some point soon we'll be able to use mostly cultured human tissue in place of living animals (and beat this crappy disease once and for all!)

So, this time of year around Easter I like to make a special donation to an animal welfare organization, in thanks and remembrance
    RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

I think it's great you make a donation

In university a few years back, I worked in a laboratory and killed little fish every day to use their gills in cystic fibrosis research. It used to freak me out that I was taking a life, but I just told myself that it was to help fellow human beings.

Comment

Kate, thank you for your thoughtful post.

Comment

That is a wonderful idea and a loving tribute to your late bunny
        Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Working...
        X