letter from a doctor about patients with chronic diseases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Reading It...

Great read. Thank you so much for sharing that Kelm.

My best to you....

Diamond57

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

There are also doctors who have chronic diseases and do understand what it is like to have one. I am one and still work limited hours as a gp. I found the article very true in many ways. I hate going through a list of different problems for one! What worries me about my "understanding" is that it can be hard to take the conditions that might be considered more trivial to me with a fair compassion. I try to, but hey, I get plenty a uti too, as I catheterise and I still seem to work. Oh and my finger is broken where I tripped but I am not requesting a week off sick. I am worried about my lack of compassion, but not to those with chronic diseases. It makes me wonder whether to stop work, but I love the job and a lot of the chronic conditions are passed to me by my partners. I don't think I can keep it up much longer though.

Comment

annedocuk

My tolerance for those with minor things is very limited.

My sister is a hypochondriac and trying to understand her wen she truly does have something minor is just to much.

I teach nursing students. The students of today are such babies compared to when I went to nursing school. We all deal with daily and still work part time. They try to complain about this or that and I am like you have no clue.

I would keep practicing as long as u keep helping others.
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

kelm 10

Thank you Kelm. It is a two way game though! I hope I help a few , but working helps me too. To sit at home, which is probably what would happen, would be and will be hard. Anne

Comment

Working...
          X