Nerve Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerve Pain

Today I had some of the worst nerve pain Ive had in a long time. It comes on very abruptly and after about a min or two is gone. It was so embarrassing as I was with a friend and it hurt so much that I couldn't even talk to tell him I was ok. Im a little confused about why Im still having such bad nerve pain since on my last two MRI's there were no more visible lesions. Is it possible to still have nerve pain and MS symptoms once your lesions have healed? Also, does anyone else get nerve pain this severely? Thank you all so much for any input or ideas.

Hi, I get that kind of nerve pain in my face and teeth with trigeminal neuralgia. I had a lesion on the pons, actually I have several there, but the one responsible for that has disappeared.

So it can happen for sure. I am sorry you are in pain. Ask for some anti-seizure drugs to help with the pain.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Do you know of any that would work after a roux en Y procedure? I was told the gabapentin wouldn't work because it only comes in a capsule?

Comment

tegretol works for me. I guess all the weird stuff comes with the territory.
        DIAGNOSED=2012
        ISSUES LONG BEFORE
        REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Working...
        X