A New Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Chapter

The story of my life (thus far) in a nutshell.

I was diagnosed with probable MS when I was 20. The advise at that point was 'wait and see'. There was no preventative medication back in the day. So, I left it alone and it left me alone - for the most part.

Through the years I had 'typical' symptoms. Whenever I sought medical help I was told 'oh no, this isn't MS, it is ___'
    (Fill in the blank) Fatigue - could be low thyroid. Itching - allergic reaction to something unknown. Heat intolerance - you just got too overheated. Headaches - Now that's a whole different thread!

I did try Betaseron when it first came out but chose to stop because frankly I wanted to have children first and no one could tell me what it would do to those chances.

Well, in the last two months I've found I can no longer ignore the symptoms or write them off to anything else. Thankfully, very thankfully I found a remarkable doctor and now can embrace my diagnosis and treatment.

Waiting to start Copaxone. Injection nurse called Friday.

I believe information is the best way to face things along with the best possible attitude. I do however tend to keep things to myself as far as my problems go. I would much rather help others. But I'm learning this is not healthy and so I am posting here to connect to others. Hopefully we can help each other in this sometimes confusing, sometimes frustrating but always adventurous life!

Welcome

Welcome to MS world, yes we must all face the MonSter. In here, this board you will find lots of helpful information and tibits from others who are also on the journey. I also was told the same as you and was sent on thinking I was making up symptoms ( which you know are real, but almost believe its your imagination). Oh well. That's life.

Comment

Thanks Zeak. Glad to remember I'm not alone. Have spent the last hour reading about cognitive problems. Weird how relating this with others actually makes me feel better.

I'm not crazy, just broken.

Comment

Working...
      X