SSDI denied - Any Philly area lawyer recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSDI denied - Any Philly area lawyer recommendations

As I expected, I was denied on initial SSDI application. While not able to do my job, they said I could do another type of work.

I will appeal and will check with the referral service Rich provided a link to, but I was wondering if anyone head any recommendations for Philly or Montgomery county area lawyer? I would definitely prefer someone
    familiar with MS.

Thanks. Any insights are appreciated.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

go to the MSAA they can refer you to someone in your area. I wish I would have gone there first. I now have one that is very familiar with MS and already in one day has told me more than what I new with the other lawyer in almost 2 years.

Make sure you check with the MSAA it is so important.

It's a long journey, good luck to you.
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Thanks Mercadies.

I wound up using the nosscor.org that Rich recommended. I spoke with them and will meet with my lawyer at the end of the month. They are just ssdi and ssi firm and have experience with ms. They will also represent at the federal level if need be.

Glad to hear your new lawyer is more responsive. Good luck.
      Kathy

Comment

NOSSCR

Very nice, Kathy. Glad to hear that you have met with someone with whom you feel comfortable. All the best in your claim.

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

I met with my lawyer and signed all the necessary papers to represent me. He informed me that the time lag to get AlJ hearing is 12 months, and in the office mine will be out of, it is approaching 14 months. They have not replaced judges that retired...I guess part of the cost cutting initiatives.

So looks like I can hurry up and wait. It is a brutal system for anyone without resources.
          Kathy

Comment

Finally an ALJ Date

After a long 18 month wait, I finally have a hearing date another month out. Found myself oddly nervous for a few hours, but that has passed. So I will meet with my lawyer in 4 weeks and have ALJ hearing 11/16. Hope I can post good news after.
            Kathy

Comment

My nerves are shot. My head has been pounding for 2 weeks. My appeal date 10/26. This week I have gotten a horrible cold and my lawyer has the flu. Boy do I get all the luck or what? Hope we are ready Mon.
              DIAGNOSED=2012
              ISSUES LONG BEFORE
              REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Originally posted by mercadies25 View Post
                My nerves are shot. My head has been pounding for 2 weeks. My appeal date 10/26. This week I have gotten a horrible cold and my lawyer has the flu. Boy do I get all the luck or what? Hope we are ready Mon.
                Good luck to you. I hope you both feel better over the next few days. I an greeting nervous about it, not sure why. Lawyer says I have good case and documentation, but I guess it is the all the horror stories. Please let us know how it goes. I pray it goes well.
                Kathy

Comment

Atty. Richard Feingold will be right back, thank you for your patience.
                  hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                  volunteer
                  MS World
                  hunterd@msworld.org
                  PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
                  X