MS and Tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS and Tattoos

So, I recently got diagnosed with MS. Neuro says that due to my number of lesions (just the one on my spine after having had an ON back in 2011 and some wonky temperature feeling with my leg now) and the mildness of my symptoms (everything but my ON has recovered almost completely. Right eye is a little wonky with color and sharpness), chances are good for a mild case, especially with meds. Now, I've been planning for quite some time to get my arms tattood, and I'd still like to do that, but I wonder if any of you might know if there are any concerns with this and MS to keep in mind?

I have gotten two since my dx in 2002. I think there have been other threads about tattoos that you do a search for. Best of luck!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

No concerns that I know of unless your pain tolerance has changed (mine has).

Comment

Oh, why not? Just don't go for 'sleeves'.

Comment

Oh Geez...I just answered the piercing question so the Mommy in me has surfaced this morning.

They now have those temporary tattoos out there...and the great thing about those is you can change them out all the time. And there is no pain and they don't fade.

OK...not the answer you wanted to hear, but your mama will thank me for trying.
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
            Oh, why not? Just don't go for 'sleeves'.
            Errr, why not? I have a full left sleeve. I would have done my right and my back if my acute pain tolerance had not changed due to MS.

Comment

My oldest daughter is a tattoo artist, so I'm a bit biased although I've been too chicken to get one! As long as it's not on an injection site, it's ok to get one.
              Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
              X