Shunning - feel hopeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ready for some good things

I'm tired of getting on here and venting sounding negative. I went and met with a new attorney today that would cost me $300 an hour and $5,000 retainer fee. I cant afford her and also found out today that I don't qualify for Legal Aide because I'm over by $165 making to much. All I'm needing is modification for my child support to be lowered and custody visitation fixed so that the divorce decree is not manipulated.

It appears that I will have to use my original attorney that didn't handle my disability pay correctly which also affects my child support. I'm in so limbo and lost trying to get help getting my finances and everything fixed that I'm having major cognitive issues brain fog. I'm sick of living like this and don't know where to get the help. Still half to get my health insurance fixed before it goes to cobra and not lose my life insurance all from being denied temporary disability leave without pay.

HELP!!!!

Comment

The first thing I would do is drop the life insurance. That's one payment out the window.

As far as getting a reduction in child support, I would petition the Court and serve as my own Counsel. You are probably thinking is she crazy???? No. Showing up without an attorney is even further proof of you quickly becoming indigent. But you have to get some ducks in a row. Things like letters from previous employer stating you are no longer working, a letter from your doctor that details your MS Diagnosis and the probability that you will ever work again. Pictures of your current apartment. A listing of all your assets and liabilities, to include future medical expenses. And don't forget to tell the judge how the mother of your children left you in this mess.

I am glad to see you going back to court....you can do this.

BTW...there are some attorneys here at MSWorld. You might want to do a shout out and see if they have any suggestions.

Also, put a post out there to Mr. Feingold about your disability.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X