This is so hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so hard

Third time this week one of my daughters asked me if we have food money and I don't it just makes me cry I'm not use to living this way .What possess a spouse after so many years together just leave and write us off I will never understand it ever I would never do that to someone no matter how hard things got

MS is certainly an up and down ride, just remember that when you are at your lowest point, you are looking towards an upswing. I think the saying goes something like "you never know how strong you are until you need to be".
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

you mentioned food, do you have a food shelf near you? I was at one food shelf near where I live and was told about another one in the next town.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Take care

Comment

You could try calling 211(the united way infoline) they have operators and you tell them what kind of services you need and they get you phone numbers or addresses and times. So they could let you know about food pantries or what number to call to apply for food stamps or file for child support. or numbers to call for utility assistance, etc.
        I know it can be hard to ask for help, but there's a lot out there that people don't realize is even available.
        good luck

Comment

I agree with Krissy. You should talk with social services and legal aid. If they are her kids also, she should be liable for child support. Disclaimer, I don't know New York law. But you should find out what rights and options you have from people who do know New York law. You might be entitled to spousal support since you've been together so many years.

Also, if you need help learning to cook cheap food, the library has cookbooks and the internet has recipes. Google is an easy way to find recipes and dried beans and split peas are cheap.

Comment

If you have children under the age of 5, you can go down to the WIC office in your state and apply. They will give you food vouchers that same day.

Comment

Working...
            X