Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STILL SICK AND FRUSTRATED WITH NEUROLOGISTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STILL SICK AND FRUSTRATED WITH NEUROLOGISTS!

I am still very sick and neurologists disagree about what is making me sick:

1. Neurologist #1 – concludes suspects MS but did not diagnose because lack of neurological symptoms
    2. Neurologist #2 – concludes diagnosis of MS and said I had it for years
    3. Neurologist #3 – concludes not MS
    4. Neurologist #4 – concludes diagnosis of MS and begins treatment
    5. Neurologist #5 – concludes may or may not be MS

So how the heck am I supposed to receive the proper treatment if neurologists disagree about what is actually making me sick? Please, if anyone has had similar experiences and can offer some advice I would really appreciate your input.

I have been through the same thing. I finally decided that I am sick no two ways around it. Neuro #1 said probable MS, but we will treat for fibromyalgia and wait and see if the MS progresses then treat for that. Neuro. #2 Just not sure, but you do have RA. Neuro. # 3 It's definitely MS. lesions on the brain and clinical exam.

I started on rebif at that time because even thou the others were not sure about the MS I knew. I researched and that was the only sure was to connect the dots.

I think since there is a probability with all the neuros go get on treatment. I think it's better to do something than to do nothing.

Good Luck!!!!
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

It has been 20+ years since being dx'd with ms. Neurologists are not like any other Dr. I have ever known.

I should not generalize, but the neuros I have met are a bit different than any other doctors I have had.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for your input.

I am on Tecifidera but if I don't have MS I would prefer not to take this medication because side effects suck and sometimes the medication makes you more sick than the actual illness, just like chemotherapy for example.

Yes, I will feel much better taking Tecifidera knowing that what's making me sick is MS.

What if it's some other disease and I'm not getting the treatment I need? This is why I'm frustrated…

Comment

Working...
        X