Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking my best friend home....please help

Hello,

A quick plea for help. I am staying with my best friend, my number one supporter with my Monster. Now, I am the support and have just brought him home with a diagnosis of panc cancer that has gone to his liver. He does not want to give up! I want every moment he has pain free to be doing something special...I want to give him the best walk home and I'm just lost. I probably won't be responding frequently (I'll fall apart in front of him). Thank you for any insights/prayers. He has not family.
    Thank you so very much.

Tracy, I am truly sorry for what you and your friend are going through. He is lucky to have you with him.

Comment

Tracy, I'm so sorry for your friend - and for you. Just take his lead, and I'm sure he'll guide you as to how he wants to spend his last days....and how much energy he has to do anything out of the ordinary.

He's very lucky to have you, and I'm sure just you being there is enough.

Comment

Tracy - bless both your hearts
        This is tough. I know as I've been through this myself. I agree that he will guide you and let you know what he wants.

If you find a day that is difficult for you to support him, just remember all the times he has been there for you. It will sustain you. Just being there by his side will also sustain him.

I will keep both of you in my prayers.
        You are a good friend
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X