Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I take more action to these symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I take more action to these symptoms?

This disease is so mysterious and there's no set protocol to react to symptoms. I experienced an overheated room and a lot of stress on monday and tuesday. My legs and arms were/are sore tingly and jelly-like/weak. Every minute this week that I wasn't working (mon and tues) I've been lying down hydrating and taking xanax every 4 hours. The symptoms have subsided except if I get a panic attack then my feet start burning.

But my normal state is still mild sorenesss in lower arms with tremors in left hand and my feet and constantly tingling/pins and needles. This is the longest most severe attack I've had since the ON incident which led to the diagnosis in the first place.

I called my doctor but she's on vacation and I have an appt with her nurse practioner on monday. But if this is a flare should I be going to the er to get steroids? My very first mri showed over 70 t2 hyperintensies 9 of which were ga-enhancing.

Does that seem like a lot of enhancement? Is that because I was so stressed? Is this a parrallel situation and I now have some enhancing lesions happening?

I know you can't answer these questions but if you were me would you wait till monday? I'm going to call the nurse again and tell her it's day 4 of this flare/pseudoexacerbation/whatever this is. But do you think I should go to the er to get on steroids?

I just don't want to regret not doing anything since I already regret not insisting I work in a decently temped room earlier this week. I could kick myself! I don't know how to manage this I realize.
    I'm going to call the nurse but it could take hours so any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Tough question. If you know you have enhancing lesions and you have new symptoms, that sounds like a flare to me.

Whether to get steroids for it is a different question, since steroids also have side effects, some immediate, some cumulative over a life time.

For me it would depend on how badly that weakness was interfering in my life, whether I thought I could hang on for a couple months until it got better on its own.

Too bad your doc is out of town. I can't tell you what call to make on this. Just that if you decide you want steroids, the sooner the better.

Comment

Steroids often require 5 days IV. IDK if the ER will do that, without you having a primary to admit you?

My impression is; IF YOU feel like it is an emergency, just go in and let them decide. I've come to realize we become rather complacent with our symptoms and often figure, "it'll pass." and do nothing.

Only you can assess whether this is more than you can handle, or not? It is Friday now, if it IS more than you can handle...perhaps going to the ER and letting the doc decide, might be your best avenue of assault, initially.

Often, I don't feel we are the best person to decide what to do, until we have had this disease long enough to make better 'guess's.'

Good luck to you and I sure hope this passes soon or, you get the care you desire. fed

Comment

Working...
      X