CHEMICAL CAUSE OF MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHEMICAL CAUSE OF MS?

TWO OF US WORKED IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND BOTH OF US NOW HAVE MS. THIS IS THE ONLY COMMON DENOMINATOR FOR BOTH OF US. NEITHER ONE HAS A FAMILY HISTORY, OUR FAMILY IS FROM DIFFERENT AREAS IN EUROPE AND I AM A BEACH NUT. WHEN WE WORKED WITH THIS CHEMICAL, (CIDEX), WE DID NOT HAVE PROPER VENTILATION AS PRESCRIBED BY THE MANUFACTURER. WE BOTH WORKED FOR YEARS, OVER 10 IN THIS FIELD AND BOTH DID THE SAME WORK.
    WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF US BOTH HAVING MS?
    THANKS FOR ANY INPUT.

I have always believed MS was caused from toxic or environmental or chemical exposure. Never from lack of sun or chicken pox or measles or bad blood flow or lack of green vegetables or other stupid junk.

All this research and trials done on these causes are a waste of time and money. I agree with Moz.

Comment

There is also a theory that Epstein Barr virus is a common denominator for everyone that has MS. The thought is that, even though EBV is present in everyone, some people's systems can't continue to fight off ( or hold dormant ) the virus' negative effects.
      I wish there was a definitive cause for this disease. There is so much mystery and confusion when dealing with this nasty disease. And all we can do is hope and pray for an end to the misery, as there is nothing good about having MS.

Comment

Hi moz205,

MS is a disease that has been around since about the 1400's. To date the cause for this disease has not been determined/unknown, although there are theories.

What is MS:
        http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Wha...What-Causes-MS

The history of MS:
        http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Nat...-Sclerosis.pdf
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you for your replies. It just seems really strange that we both have it and did the same thing in our job description without any other similarities.
          I think in England they are a little ahead of the US.
          Even the Cidex company states how ventilation needs to be done.

Comment

There is a concept that many conditions - both physical and psychological can be put down to a "3-component" theory of cause.

This says that the three components are:
            Genetic pre-disposition
            Environmental
            Situational.

So you could say that you and your brother, Moz, share a genetic factor, and you worked in the same environment. That's two out of three. The big trick would be to figure out what the situational trigger was for each of you.

I tend to buy into this concept as a way of explaining why my father and my son both died from cancer, and I have not yet caught the big C. They both spent a lot of time in big cities (London and LA respectively) where the air is not clean, and I have lived for a long time whare the air really is clean. If you take the view that cancer is an auto-immune problem, and so is MS, then the 3-component thing starts to make sense, maybe, for just the three of us. I would not want to extend it any further.

Now, if the concept is any good, then all the people who have come up with a "cure", and all the people who are looking for a single cause, are heading in the wrong direction. I know that some researchers think that they have identified a cluster of genes that may explain the genetic predisposition, but that would not be able to identify a single factor for each of thetwo other components.

G

Comment

Hi moz205,

This is a direct link about clusters, that may be of help to you (which is found within one of the links SNOOPY provided): http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Wha...es-MS/Clusters

SNOOPY,

Thanks for sharing the History of MS link, I hadn't seen it before. The last part about possible new therapies gave clues that it was written over 3 1/2 years ago, since Fingolomod (aka Gilenya) was the first oral therapy FDA approved back in September of 2010, not Cladribine,
              which the FDA ultimately rejected the following year. Of course, many of us also know that Lemtrada (Campath) was also recently rejected by the FDA. Interesting article, all the same!
              Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Everyone would love to discover something. There is much research being done by some very smart people.

There has been "light years" of progress made since I was dx'd in 1988. Cancer is another disease that is also being extensively researched. Progress is slow, but it is happening.

If the answers were obvious, we would all know about them.

Comment

I agree with golfore.

There has been much research a data gathered into the causal links. Just because there are no definite answers yet, doesn't mean people haven't been looking into it.

Comment

I have been doing some research online with regards to the Cidex exposure. I am not seeing much for the US but definitely in England and Ireland there have been cases where this has been taken to court. LOL, can't remember outcome but I believe their employers were proven negligent.
                    It really upsets me that the hierarchy keeps going through their days with not a care in the world and two staff members are suffering this dreaded disease.

Comment

Working...
                    X