So Frusterated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Frusterated!

My doctor switched me in February to the new 40mg Copaxone. I had a month left of my old prescription so wasn't to worried until the new medicine didn't show up. Called the pharmacy and found out it was denied because my doctor's office didn't get prior authorization with the insurance company. Called and left messages with my doctor's office, finally got a call back from his assistant and she new nothing about it.

Called my insurance company today and found out the assistant did call but has not sent the forms in and they recommended calling the pharmacy and having my old prescription renewed because it will be awhile before the new prescription is approved or denied (in which I would have to write a written appeal). Called the pharmacy and the old prescription was made inactive once the new prescription was received and they can not fill it.

Called my doctor's office again and left another message. I only have 5 dose left and
    I am out. Called Shared Solution and all they could advise is for me to call my doctor and have them call the pharmacy. I started to cry because of the frustration and he thinks I need a visit from a nurse... I am not depressed.. pissed off at the run around I am getting from everyone. Sorry for the vent but I just had to get it out. Thanks for this space.

**Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry I can relate to being frustrated over medication problems. It's always hard knowing this is my life and the person on the other end of the phone really has no clue how frustrated I am and nor do they care. I hope it all works out and SOON for you.
    Tira

Comment

I so feel your pain. I now have insurance so they had to change the pharmacy, so the prescription that still have 5 months on it was no good. They fax the request to the doctors office. Office closed. They refax it when it re-opened on that Monday.

Insurance has to approve. A week later approved. Now new prescription needs to be sent. New fax with request. I have left several messages with mslifelines (I am on rebif) they say they are working on it as fast as possible. Prescription needs to go to mslifelines first to be approved for $0 co-pay. Ok now mslifelines has prescription.

Pharmacy calls says they have a request for rebif, but no prescription and no information about doctor. Call mslifelines they'll look into it and call me back. Several days go by nothing. I call them, I call the doctors office and the pharmacy, they are working on it.

I have been out of Rebif for almost 2 months now. My dh asks did you call mslifelines to find out what's going on? Nope so tired of the bs. Dh leaves me a large note today to call them back 50 times if I need to. I am just not into the hassle.

Don't know if it's the insurance, pharmacy, mslifelines or doctors office but, I DON'T CARE!!!!! I am tired.

Good luck with your situation.
      DIAGNOSED=2012
      ISSUES LONG BEFORE
      REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Yikes

Yes you do know my pain. My doctor's office called me back, they called in the prescription, CVS called me to inform that it is a specialty drug and I have t go through a specialty pharmacy, which I know, and they will fax it and it will be a day or two before they contact me for shipping. I am out of meds after Saturday. Think they will ship it before then? Doubt it.

Comment

Insurance Companies trying to be doctors

I know your frustration. I have been in this situation too many times and have to fight with the doctor's office to get the pre-approval sent over to the insurance THEN fight with the insurance company to push the approval through. I once had a pre-approval sitting with the people that make the "medical necessity" people at the insurance company. I called and that day they approved it as it was just sitting there.

It is sad that this day in age, the insurance companies feel they know what medications you should be on instead of your doctor. It's not like I want to be on these meds, I have to be.

All it takes is one hang up between the doctor/pharmacy/insurance and you can run out of medication and no one cares. It doesn't matter if you'r on a medication that if you stop taking it suddenly you can have serious/life threatening side effect.... It matters that XXX insurance company didn't want to spend the money to cover it. I've had them change policy after being on the same med for years, and didn't know until I went to pick up a prescription and was told the insurance would not cover it..

Sorry for the long replied but as you can tell I too am fustrated over this same situation.

Comment

This is a little bit off the subject but you might enjoy the book called, The Circle. The main characters father has MS and the family is spending all their time and energy fighting insurance companies so he can get his Copaxone 'for the pain'.

We all know that Copaxone is not for pain so I don't know if the author was ignorant or he was trying to be funny. But, anyway, this topic is so widespread and frustrating that it's been depicted in a novel.

Comment

Working...
            X