No announcement yet.

Explaining myself in work tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thus far, I've been able to explain things as the sprain, but it can't last forever...

Comment

You could say there was permanent damage?

Comment

Originally posted by heliotrope View Post
        I'm an at-will employee
        What's this?

I'm no lawyer, or even a US citizen so if I'm incorrect in any way please disregard this next comment.

Whether you disclose or not, making the workplace so horrendous that you quit is called Constructive Dismissal (where I live). Beware of it, start making notes if you smell a rat.

Tawanda is spot on, way to put it all into words. It's such a sorry state of affairs isn't it. Breaks my heart.

Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

At will employees basically have no rights regarding termination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment

At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor law for contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning.[1] When an employee is acknowledged as being hired "at will", courts deny the employee any claim for loss resulting from the dismissal. The rule is justified by its proponents on the basis that an employee may be similarly entitled to leave his or her job without reason or warning.[2] In contrast, the practice is seen as unjust by those who view the employment relationship as characterized by inequality of bargaining power.[3]

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post

Whether you disclose or not, making the workplace so horrendous that you quit is called Constructive Dismissal (where I live).

Jen
            This happens all the time here, but I don't think we have a name for it. It simply stinks!
            Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by misslux View Post
              At will employees basically have no rights regarding termination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment
              That STINKS!! It really does seem unjust, as the article says. Major bummer!
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Wrong on so many levels!

Comment

Working...
                X