New but not knew to MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New but not knew to MS

Diagnosed 4 years ago. It has been a roller coaster ride I never expected. I have beaten tougher opponents but this one is confusing. It appears that the Neuros know so much but so little. I am still walking and able to do what needs to be done but little pieces of me keep going away. I don't think I will see them again. I hope that I will be able to find that place in the sun I always dreamed about. I am in search of a drug that works exactly like Tysabri without the threat of PML. While on it the biggest inconvenience was the IV ! Nothing else has worked. I am now on Tecfidera but still waiting for it to work. Looking for Tec success stories. Thanks for listening.

Welcome to MS World Kinger! We are happy you are here! I have had MS for 10 years, it is still a bit of a roller coaster, though slowing down now that I am SPMS. I am on Ty, so I can't advise you on Tec, but if you pop into the Tec boards and ask for some positive stories I am sure you will get several.

I don't have much trouble with the IV as I have a port-a-cath implanted, so they just hook me up when I go in and detach it when I leave...no trauma. Time wise though it is still the same.

I love Ty, it has changed my life. It has made me less dizzy, more balanced, more awake, and less "sick" feeling overall. Yes, the threat of PML is there, you just have to manage your risk/reward ratio every month with your neurologist.

I wish you the best with Tec. Some people are doing exceedingly well on it. Its no Ty, but its a heck of a runner up.

Good luck!
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X