Um......that was strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um......that was strange

So I got up this morning feeling the beginnings of a cold and also feeling quite warm. No biggie. Except I sort of fell into a sitting position and then had a hell of a time pulling myself up. It took about 5 minutes to get my legs under me. They would not cooperate!

All that was racing through my head was "Oh no, not another relapse!" My legs were like jello.

I managed to drag myself to the balcony door and let in the -18 wind. It was glorious. Five minutes later I|felt normal again and my legs were fine.

Now two hours later, I'm wondering what the heck that was. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I had a relapse where they would last for 30 seconds to a minute. They lasted for about 6 months, I have it documented here on this site. I ignored my first episode, a day later I was admitted in the hospital.
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Thank God for Canadian winters! If you're running a fever, it can definitely affect your MS the way that hot weather can. Cooling off in the -18 (ugh!!) was a smart move. Hope you feel better soon!

Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Cat mom,

I think you're right and that's all it was. A bit of a fever that caused me to heat up. I also love our Canadian winters! I'm not even joking.

Comment

It's so funny how we all have the same disease yet our symptoms are so different. I hate the cold, it makes my MS act up, The heat I am normal.
          Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Yeah Katje, you said it. I love the cold and the heat kills me. Almost makes it sound like a different disease, haha.

Comment

The heat doesn't seem to bother me but I'm SO cold intolerant lately! Good to know I'm not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by PositiveMS View Post
                I also love our Canadian winters! I'm not even joking.
                Me too! This one was waaaaay too much though. Between the dreadful ice storm, the polar vortexes (what the? you know it's bad when new weather words are being invented), the extreme minus twenties, and the fact that we're still covered in snow with spring arriving on Thurs, I'm sooooooo ready to say goodbye!

Hope you're feeling better.

Jen
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
                  Between the dreadful ice storm, the polar vortexes (what the? you know it's bad when new weather words are being invented)
                  Hope you're feeling better.

Jen
                  Thanks, you actually made me laugh out loud at your comment about new words being invented! Whatever yesterday morning was, it's gone and I am 100% again. Just got back from a 1 km walk. MS is SO strange

Comment

Working...
                  X