Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL READ PLEASE!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Yes it is possible!!!!!
    I have been going to therapy for my back (5 spine surgeries) and shoulder for 3 weeks now. Fri she was able to relieve ALL ALL yes I said ALL pain and then a very few excerises.

I was so excited I texted that alert to two people and called two people. I was bubbly like a teenager of almost 67 yrs old he he lol.

Point being this is the first time in YEARS I have been without pain for two days. I felt really strange and realized this must be what it's like not to have pain. I felt as if I would fly up into the air like a balloon. I liked it I really liked it.

I am aware it won't last but I am sure enjoying it while it lasts thus I wanted to share with you all that this could actually happen to you too. One day when you least expect it SURPRISE you will be relieved of the "fill in the blank" that is driving you crazy.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!

I'm so pleased for you. You must be feeling weird (to have no pain any more) and wonderful!

Comment

Woo hoo!

Comment

I can't remember what that feels like and don't think I ever will.

Enjoy your time pain free, but don't push yourself.

Good luck
        DIAGNOSED=2012
        ISSUES LONG BEFORE
        REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Great news jk!! Take it easy now and savor it
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Drats!

It's back but only to level 5 so I don't really count anything 5 or under. Guess it's heating pad for me. I enjoyed while it lasted and thanks to all that commented. It's nice to share the FEW good things we can!!!

Comment

So happy for you. I hope that you get more days like this.

Comment

jkforrest;

Congratulations I hope you are able to go back in, asap before you are in too much pain! fed

Comment

thanks for sharing your good news, and please hang onto that feeling of what can be..

jk...I recognize your elation when something that you thought was permanent goes away almost like a miracle. But then reappears unexpectedly...
                  Don't lose sight of that elation. I firmly believe in the power of your mind. Yes, I know that by positive thinking you cannot make all of the very real problems of MS go away. But you can control how you live your life each day. Maybe you can't drive your kid to school, or go to work each day. Maybe sometimes you cannot get out of bed in the morning. But what you can do is use your mind and your heart to resolve the issues in your life - like the logistics of getting your kids to the bus by calling a neighbor who would help them get there safely and let your children know that even if your legs can't get you there, you will take care of them and that you love them. I know that sounds simplistic, but by putting your heart into solving your "issues" and letting yourself trust your abilities, you can do it. I know you can.

Comment

jk, thanks for sharing your good news. I hope your good fortune continues. It is always great to read both the big and little things that help with quality of life.
                    Kathy
                    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

jk, thanks for sharing your good news. I hope your good fortune continues. It is always great to read both the big and little things that help with quality of life.
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I can completely relate to back pain it seems so unfair to have back problems with also having ms but I have learned to deal.

I wanted to share with you what I have had done for my chronic back pain. I have had 6 back surgeries 5 being in the past 4 years and 1 about 10 years ago. I have also had steroid injections and nerve burning along with pt and no relief with any of it. I wear a narcotic pain patch and take 90 mg of oxycodone a day and still have very few good days and about half the time I use a walker. I am only 42 and my life has been turned upside down from my back problems and now ms.

But, I found a cure and its been amazing!!!!. Its called a spinal cord stimulator its a machine and wires implanted in my T-spine and I control it with a remote control. This machine is truly the best thing that has ever happened for my pain. I am able to do things I haven't done for years and I have quality of life again.

I'm not sure what your situation is but if your a candidate for this it truly has changed my life. There is a trial period of one week before the permanent implant so you would have a chance to see if it would work for you. It's fairly expensive ($50,000+) but it is worth every penny. If your interested in any info about it let me know maybe you could have permanent relief from your pain like I have gotten
                        Tira

Comment

hope that pain goes away jk

Comment

Thank you for sharing your good news!

I hope that you will soon be pain free permanently, it sounds like you are getting great treatment and I expect you will have less and less pain over time!

Comment

Happy is good :-)

I am happy for you. I go to a chiropractor (Upper Cervical) and that has helped me with my walking) among other things. I go once a month at this time. I, like you, don't know if this will last forever, but I love it for however long it does help.

Diane
                              You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
                              X