Recently Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently Diagnosed

I was diagnosed with MS in July of 2012. I was told by my neurologist that MS was typically found in women between the ages of 20 to 40, which I am neither. My first episode was pretty bad, as I lost the feeling of my entire right side.
    What made it difficult is I was right-handed, and right footed. I couldn't raise my right arm, and I could not walk. This was very difficult for me because I used to be a professional golfer in my twenties...

So I have learned to manage my MS, and learning to live with what I can do. So I wanted to join a support group to talk with others that suffer from MS, and help anyone I can if sharing my experiences, and get help with questions that may arise from others with MS. Thank you...

[QUOTE=EC in RVA;1445311]I was diagnosed with MS in July of 2012. I was told by my neurologist that MS was typically found in women between the ages of 20 to 40, which I am neither. My first episode was pretty bad, as I lost the feeling of my entire right side.
    What made it difficult is I was right-handed, and right footed. I couldn't raise my right arm, and I could not walk. This was very difficult for me because I used to be a professional golfer in my twenties...

So I have learned to manage my MS, and learning to live with what I can do. So I wanted to join a support group to talk with others that suffer from MS, and help anyone I can if sharing my experiences, and get help with questions that may arise from others with MS. Thank you...[/QUOTE

Hi EC- this is a very informative and supportive site so you gone yo a good place. Like You, I was under the impression that MS was a condition primarily impacting females 20 to 40 years old plus I heard it impacted mostly, mainly whites. But I was shocked when one of my twin daughters - age 11 was recently diagnosed with CIS at high risk of developing MS and we are African American. Right now daughter is doing well. issues. She had experienced double vision back in April 2013 and it is not completely gone but almost - her regular vision is about 96% of where it was and she wears a peel on prism on one lens of her eyeglasses. She is on avonex and has no major side effects. Her next MRI is in June (her last one in Nov 2013- showed 2 lesions on her Brain)

Comment

I have heard ms being dx in babies, toddlers, children, teens any age. I would recommend a new ms neuro if one is available in your area.

I was dx w/ RRMS at age 21 back in 95, neuro then told me i had ms at 16.

I am sorry for your symptoms.

Comment

Golf

Hi! I'm new too, I love to golf, but I'm far from a pro. I have heard of MS golfers in my area who can still play with the blue flags to help cope with fatigue.

Are you still playing? That is one thing I wonder is how long I'll be able to play golf.

Comment

Working...
        X