Hello to everyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggle with depression and lost my mother to MS

Lia I understand how you feel. I'm battling with depression and I fight so hard everyday to get through it. I've also battled it since I was young. My mother passed away from MS complications when I was 13 and had been in a nursing home since I was 6. When I found out I too had MS I was mad at the world, in shock, scared. But I too have my faith in God to help see me through and have to go on for my two children. I'm so thankful for this site because it helps so much to know you're not alone. I also would love to be able to try and help others. You're a strong person and I know you will get through this. I know all to well its a daily struggle, but we can make it with Gods help and the help of caring other people on here who listen and understand. I would love to be any help to you that I can. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Thanks April6299...

Originally posted by April6299 View Post
      Lia I understand how you feel. I'm battling with depression and I fight so hard everyday to get through it. I've also battled it since I was young. My mother passed away from MS complications when I was 13 and had been in a nursing home since I was 6. When I found out I too had MS I was mad at the world, in shock, scared. But I too have my faith in God to help see me through and have to go on for my two children. I'm so thankful for this site because it helps so much to know you're not alone. I also would love to be able to try and help others. You're a strong person and I know you will get through this. I know all to well its a daily struggle, but we can make it with Gods help and the help of caring other people on here who listen and understand. I would love to be any help to you that I can. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
      Thanks so much for your kind and gentle words. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss at such a young age. Watching your mom suffering must have been so incredibly traumatic for a child at the innocent of 6 to the challenging teenage years.

Yes, I really believe that we are absolutely justified for being upset at the world and our fears are real and it;s the not knowing which messes with our thoughts and feelings.

And yes, I agree that without faith in God and the belief in miracles He can perform and hopefully ease our challenges and pain associated with our mental illness and MS. I'm convinced without His presence and continuous protection God will help us heal or he will give us the strength and courage to comfort our daily challenges.

We must remember that there are people in our lives that love us and want to help us feel better. Your 2 children need their mother as my daughter needs me.

God is great and God will never abandon us, especially now when we really need his comfort. I pray to God for continued good health for you and your family.

Thank you to everyone else reading this. Together we can do this. Don't be afraid to share your fears because it is only the strongest people that can do this. The weak hide behind the "perfect life" facade. I refuse to hide but rather share my pain with anyone who is willing to listen,

Trust God to carry your struggles for awhile because really it's what He does best. Then when God feels you are strong enough he will give them back to you.

Stay well my friend and let me know how you are doing.

Comment

Working...
      X