Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello fellow MSers!

Hi guys!
    I want to introduce myself. I am 28 F, from Florida. I am in my second year of medical school. I was diagnosed with MS last May and I had optic neuritis about a year before that. I have been on copaxone since July and it is going well besides some site reactions and cellulitis infections that had me in the ER.

This is my first time on any forum speaking about MS. I have only told about 5 friends and tend to keep it hidden.
    I have only spoken to one person with MS before and I think it's kinda amazing that there is this forum. You all are so brave to share your stories. While it's unfortunate to have this diagnosis, I am grateful to have people to speak with, like you all.

I lean on the positive side of things, and I'm trying to remember that this is just a part of me but it doesn't define me.
    I have decided to crawl out from under this rock and finally join this forum because I'm tired of feeling alone. I have to accept the can't change (fatigue , site reactions, memory loss, vertigo) but I can change my feeling of being alone by speaking with you guys and reading your stories and honestly, it has helped.

I look forward to learning more about everyone and thank you for allowing me to share a part of my journey!

PS I'm doing the MS walk in south Florida soon, anyone else!?

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 2 ND YEAR OF MED. SCHOOL . I'M NEW HERE AS WELL BUT NO DX YET.....MANY SX. I AGREE ABOUT HOW BRAVE PEOPLE ARE HERE AND HELPFUL.

HAVE A GOOD MS WALK.
    Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Comment

And hello to you!

Truth be told that when I was Dx 2 years ago I found my way here as well and kinda freaked by the amount of information available and all of these people....So I bolted. I found smaller forums. Same thing - smaller scale. Which helped me with the acclimation process imho.

Anyway - glad you have found your way here. It really is a good place.

Cheers.

Comment

Welcome, I don't come on the site that much. I should though. Especially when I feel down. I try to lean on the positive side of things too. Hell, they could've told me I have a brain tumor and will die in 6 mos., right? You're definitely not alone. I never realized how many people have MS. It's pretty scary. So if you ever want to talk, send a thread!

Comment

Welcome to MS World KeepMYELIN,
          Sorry you need to be here, though. Please don't isolate yourself from the world here. Jump in as much as you need to or, drop in to help-we are all trying to help each other..

Like the header says, "Patients Helping Patients."

fed

Comment

Hello again!! I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to you all.

I want to thank you you all for posting and saying hello and for the encouragement. Even the best of us fall down, but with the help of others, it's easier to get back up.

I had kinda a crappy week. I did poorly on my med school exam. Sometimes it can be so hard to concentrate and find motivation. My advisor told me to take a day off and regroup and you'll get back to feeling 100% and all I was thinking was that I think I'm finally excepting I'll never be 100%. And not in a bad boo hoo way. But a realistic, need to work with what I got, kinda way. I may only be working on a half tank but I need to make that work so me and that's what I'm trying to figure out now.

Anyway, I know this part belongs in the copaxone section, and it will probably post something there later but I wanted to share that I heard that the injections are 3x per week. When the dr told me, I couldn't stop crying! It sounds like a miracle to me. I get to feel like a real person again. Sometimes I feel like the shots are weighs pulling me down. They control when I do them, what time I do them, how I feel after, how the lumps look after. But now with the 3x per week, maybe there is some reprieve !
            A few more small miracles like this and we are on our way guys!!
            I wish everyone good health and a happy week.

Comment

Working...
            X