dropfoot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dropfoot question

what do you call it when you have dropfoot but have problems even picking up that leg and bending that leg at the knee. its like a struggle doing that. i just feel like if i can improve that then my dropfoot wont be so bad ya know.=/

Weakness in hip flexors, hamstrings and spasticity? Those are my issues along with hemiparesis.

Are you using an AFO for the foot drop?

Comment

[QUOTE=misslux;1444635]Weakness in hip flexors, hamstrings and spasticity? Those are my issues along with hemiparesis.

Are you using an AFO for the foot drop?[/QUO

yes but doesnt help because my whole leg is weak and resists bending at the knee.

Comment

There are hip orthopedic devices, just ask your PT about them.

Take care
        Lisa
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by grace4et View Post

yes but doesnt help because my whole leg is weak and resists bending at the knee.
          Hi grace4et,

Physical therapists and orthotists work together to find ways to improve walking. There's more out there than just the AFO. You'd be surprised.

Good luck!
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

im going to ask. thanks for the advice guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
              There are hip orthopedic devices, just ask your PT about them.
              Thank you for suggesting this! Sure wish my MS clinic would have, but that's another story for another day

Comment

Working...
              X