Pizza and hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza and hearing

When did Chuck E. Cheese's become so incredibly loud? I know I'm extra sensitive to loud noises but this was crazy loud.

Part 2 to this message is a question. It seems my hearing has become really sensitive. I can hear a sink dripping on the other side of the house. I believe it is more than sensory overload. Has anyone else experienced this?

I was really worried about an MS symptom where eating pizza affects your hearing.
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

Yes indeed. All the time. I can't stand noise at all. I can literally hear a pin drop, so talking sounds like shouting and someone doing the washing up sounds like heavy shelling in WWI.
      It is mainly sensory overload, but it happens when I'm tired, even if everything is quiet and dark and calm.
      I wish you luck in getting anyone without MS to understand. It actually physically hurts sometimes.

Comment

Oh yes, my awesome son decided to buy the family tickets to a hockey game. All the MSers are saying omg in the not good way the rest of my actual family was screaming with delight. I smiled and said thank you so much. In my head I was thinking I wish these people would shut up I can't even imagine what it's going to be like at a hockey game.

I try to explain to my dh, but he either doesn't believe it or just doesn't understand.

I got there and they were giving out COW BELLS. Thank goodness I did buy some ear plugs before I went otherwise I probably would have turned around and waited in the car.
        DIAGNOSED=2012
        ISSUES LONG BEFORE
        REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Originally posted by mercadies25 View Post
          I got there and they were giving out COW BELLS.
          Geez! Even as part of a stereotypical Canadian hockey family, I would not have been able to stay.

More than 1 thing to listen to (like tv plus someone talking) and I get discombabulated.

So glad for this Message Board, thought it was just me as I have 1 blind eye and 1 dim eye = ears extra sensitive to make up for lack of vision.

Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I have highly sensitive hearing as does my mother (who does not have MS).

Even so, I go to live concerts, movie theaters, NASCAR races and other events which are quite loud. When at NASCAR I have been known to take off my 'headset" to hear the start up the cars after 'caution' (love the sound of those engines).

The only time I have found noise to negatively affect me and make me cringe is when I am dealing with anxiety/panic attacks, or irritability. These seem to be a 'trigger' for not being able to cope with loud noises.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I think it is the world we live in...

Chuck E Cheese IS loud and always has been...and have you been to the movies lately? It starts with blasting previews and goes on from there. I bought earplugs for spin class at the Y and sorry when I didn't bring them to the IMAX theater when I saw"Gravity" .

When you go somewhere very quiet (camping, a senior living apartment complex, Canada...) you realize how much noise pollution is going on here. I fear for my hearing and even more so, for our childrens' hearing.

I think this is a growing problem that goes beyond the scope of MSW. Don't even get me started on the 4th of July and the fireworks that go for months on end!
              Tawanda

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. Chowda, sorry to worry you about the pizza! Jen, I'm currently having the problem with people talking while the TV is on. It drives me crazy. Thankfully, I managed to get out of going to a Monster truck show recently.
                I'm afraid I won't be going to NASCAR. Thanks again, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by KatW View Post
                  I'm afraid I won't be going to NASCAR. Thanks again, everyone!
                  OMG those things are loud! An old BF took me to one and we had the cheap seats (in the case of a NASCAR race, the first row). My ears rang for a week and it took several showers afterward to dislodge all the tire rubber stuck in my pores!

Same BF took me to the Pink Floyd Laser Light show. That thing would put me in my grave today! Loud and visually irritating all at once! Talk about your sensory overload!
                  Tawanda

Comment

Speaking of loud I'm going to visit family this summer for the first time since Dx. I hope it's ok. My brother and his family visited days after I was discharged he had my head spinning with his loud voice and constant conversation. Now image him times 8 to 20+ other family members

I see a dissapearing act in my future.

Comment

Speaking of loud I'm going to visit family this summer for the first time since Dx. I hope it's ok. My brother and his family visited days after I was discharged he had my head spinning with his loud voice and constant conversation. Now image him times 8 to 20+ other family members

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Lavee View Post

Hahaha! Maybe your brother and my old BF need a hearing test! If it was my brother, I would have no problem telling him to shut the heck up! Thankfully he is pretty low key as is most of my family.

Another horrid place for me...my DDs midfle school! I have to remind her to turn her volume down when she gets home after trying to talk over all those other kids all day just to get heard! Lockers slamming, kids running down the hall changing classes, really loud bells, fire drillls, etc. God bless teachers for all they have to put up with!
                        Tawanda

Comment

Someone posted this in a diff thread, but I went to it and was AMAZED that they used "my own" experience to write it (haha) http://www.everydayhealth.com/multip...sclerosis.aspx
                          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                          X