rudeness of the highest order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello gardening MSer

My thought is that it is not an insult of the "highest order". I guess it is a lack of consideration of a routines order. Be happy! Your experience with an inconsiderate person puts you right there in the e pertinence of most people...sitting in a scooter or standing on two feet!
    "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

While most people I run into are nice, once in a while I get one that takes the proverbial cake.

I was taking my scooter apart and putting the parts into my car trunk when a woman asked for MY scooter. Every once in a while someone wants MY personal scooter that is very obviously NOT a store/mall scooter.

It usually happens when I am taking it apart to put into the trunk. Not one has ever said Oh sorry I did not realize it was YOURS (or to that effect). None were people using or with someone appearing to need any mobility aids, not even a cane. and NOT one was parked anywhere near handicap parking. Guess I look like an easy mark, especially with my mobility issues.

Gomer

Comment

Originally posted by MSLazarus View Post
        My thought is that it is not an insult of the "highest order". I guess it is a lack of consideration of a routines order. Be happy! Your experience with an inconsiderate person puts you right there in the e pertinence of most people...sitting in a scooter or standing on two feet!
        I was just thinking if this is one of the rudest things that has happened the OP is doing great.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

I'm not sure why others are telling the OP how to feel or not. If they were insulted and demeaned, then who are we to be dismissive of their feelings?

Comment

Originally posted by misslux View Post
            I'm not sure why others are telling the OP how to feel or not. If they were insulted and demeaned, then who are we to be dismissive of their feelings?
            Point taken but I would disagree anyone is telling the OP how to feel. Its more about a variety of different view points joining in an open conversation on a public forum.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Perhaps telling them how to feel wasn't 100% accurate. Of course it is an open forum, but I still stand by my point that some responses were dismissive.

Comment

Excuse me!

Rudeness isn't new. However, I don't see that as too terrible. Of course, we don't all see things the same way.

I would say 'excuse me, I would like to get a book that is just above your head'. I don't know what happens to people that they can't take the time to say 'Please, Thank You' or 'Excuse me'.

I attended a Catholic school in elementary school. We were give rules such as respecting people, saying 'Please' and 'Thank You'. We went from class to class in lines and we were assigned seats.

The nuns didn't give any quarter; you did it or you paid the price for your ignorance. I survived and my parents reinforced these rules at home as well. I wasn't spanked or threatened and just respected what my parents said.

I raised my sons to show respect and be accountable for their actions. They are good men; I'm so thankful.

Diane
                You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
                X