PRMS over 10 years, still smiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRMS over 10 years, still smiling

hello everyone, my name is kevin. I have been fighting this, about 12 years now. and you can imagine, I'm at a, not-so-good, point. typing is a good one.

I'm left-handed, can't do much with my left arm at all, and my right is trying to catch up. I've been using an onscreen keyboard for years. as with all aspects of the debilitation of my body, I adapt.

I believe there is a thin line, between complaining and explaining. and I dare not complain. I'm almost a quadriplegic, and it could be a lot worse. so, through all the...everything, I smile. I have to go away, mentally, to recharge my aura occasionally, but I always return with a smile. and I've been away for a few months, and this is my first stop. before Facebook, of course

but I'm getting ready for another new journey. and my family and friends whom I don't see or hear from often must know. it's not many. I'm a verbal and visual person, but I do have, "cyber friends." and maybe I can have friends here. I'm laughing at how long it has taken me to write this. should've just said, "hey!" good luck to us all. smile for me

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Welcome

Hello, Koala
    Welcome to MSWorld! I am glad you found us. I know, for me, my "cyber friends" here have been so informative and supportive.

Check out the chat room. I've made many friends there.

Stay lifted,
    Mermaid
    "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Very inspirational!
      Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
      Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the uplifting post!

I too, work at not complaining and truthfully I don't even try to explain MS very often. People cannot really understand, even though I'm appreciative for those who try.

What struck me in your post was the "...I always return with a smile."

When I start my day, looking in the mirror... smiling, I see my father's smile. He never complained about anything, carrying his cross's for many years.

Your attitude reminded me of him this morning... thank you sincerely.

Your "cyber friend,"

Jer

Comment

Hi Kevin! Welcome to MSWorld! I'm so impressed with your message - you have a great outlook on life (and your MS).

I'm so sorry you had a difficult time writing the message, but am so glad you did. And, btw, it's fine to complain (in addition to explaining).

I have found wonderful support and information on MSWorld. I hope you find the same.

I look forward to your posts.
          Debbie

Comment

Hey, you are not alone.

That is the wonderful thing about this site. Family and friends cannot fully understand the ups and downs of this disease. Or the pain and loss and the never-ending adapting that has to be done in order to maintain a livable lifestyle.

I come here for comfort, for answers or just to rant, as well. Sometimes all you need is to know that your not alone.

Peace,
            Anna
            PRMS too

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Comment

Hello, and welcome I am new here and new to ms. It's only been 8 months since my dx. I feel so blessed to have found this site there is so much I didn't understand and now do.

But on days like today to get on here and read about someone else that is dealing with this disease and has such a positive attitude it is very uplifting and I can relate however I still explain and complain hehe.

Good luck on your journey and I am glad you are here to share your positive attitude with me and others.
                Tira

Comment

Working...
                X