Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello :)

Hello!
    My boyfriend was recently diagnosed with MS. He is currently living in Norway and I am in the United States. We had been making plans for him to come to the US, but with this new diagnoses we're unsure now the best course of action in regards to his life long treatments.

They are just beginning to discuss his options for treatment now. We're in a waiting phase for 90 days to see what will be done as that the doctors are still creating the image of his diagnoses. I am very familiar with MS, as that a close family friend was diagnosed when we were in our twenties and hers advanced quickly and with great severity, so I am aware of the struggles and trials of MS. It is a fight that isn't new to me. I haven't been involved in the new advances in ten years, so I'm unsure how they vary from the US to Europe, being that our FDA is stubborn about certain treatment options that are freely used in other countries.

I wanted to seek advice as to where your opinion is for the best treatment options are located. If I have to relocate to Europe to be close to him to maintain the very best care for his health so that he can live as full a life as possible, I will. I wanted to see out someone with experience with information on both sides of the water. Links, both in Norwegian and English are great if you're familiar. I speak little Norwegian he is fluent in both (naturally!), so anything anyone can offer about good treatment options, the best advances, and where, would be amazing.

Thank you for anything you can offer. I appreciate it.

-Mary

Hi Alsun...sea,

No information for you. Just wanted to give you a virtual hug for your decisions and send respect for you researching this.

May everything work out well for you both! fed

Comment

Working...
    X