Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and introduction

Hello everyone my name is Jerry,

I was dx'ed in 2007 but i had symptoms since 2003. I have PRMS and I am a full time manual wheelchair user. I am married to wonder woman who has been very supportive and has had to deal with a lot in the last few years. I have two wonderful teenaged kids who also help me a lot. I am on disability and also working part-time. I have two dogs that keep a smile on my face.

Hi Jerry! Sorry you're here but glad you are!

It's hard to see ones you love do so much, but they will because they love you. Remember that. And to be in the moment.

You sound as if you're doing well. In your heart and mind. That's all that really matters, right?

Comment

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the board! I'm sorry for the reason you are here but you are in the right place. We all "get" the feelings that you have.
      I think it's wonderful that you have a great support system. It's so important to our emotional well being as well as physical. They love you and they want to help you in any way that can. Let them and try not to feel guilty. I said try! It's hard not too feel guilty sometimes.

Dogs and animals in general are amazing creatures. They can make you feel better in an instant. On days that I feel ok, I take my therapy dog to area nursing homes and you should see what she does for these patients. If she can make them happy or forget their problems for just a moment and I see the smiles on their faces, it helps me forget mine for a moment as well. I'm glad to hear your dogs put a smile on your face! Take care Jerry71
      Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
      RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
      Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

Working...
      X