No announcement yet.

Do You Hear Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hears music and conversations when it's quiet. I mentioned it to my neurologist, and he suggested that if the symptom continued I should speak to a psychiatrist. No thank you. I think maybe he needs to do some reading.

Comment

Hilarious

I almost peed in my pants laughing for 5 minutes straight to your comment about the neuro and the dogs telling you to whack people! thanks I needed that!

In addition to many of you I hear music or stations changing and if I listen real hard it's as if I could make out exactly what their saying.

I haven't posted anything in a long long time but just to tell everyone who posts or just reads these forums, I always feel so much better when an experience I have had is found on here too and I can stop thinking that I must be getting another hole in my brain THAT second. I don't write things in the best way anymore but just saying thanks and sending

Comment

I've experienced this with white noise - the whish of the air conditioner will make me think there's somebody talking in a low murmur, like the tv was on.
        "Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it" - Michel de Montaigne
        Diagnosed May 2007, relapsing-remitting

Comment

The most annoying are the persistent crickets or cicadas in my ears at all times, not just on a hot summer night. I also am driven batty by white noise, like the buzz from the hydro wires and sounds from a nearby factory. Also a high pitched ringing which I attribute to tinnitus as I've probably lost 50% of my hearing in my left ear, but I've also heard faint music and the hum of conversation.

Stay inspired!
          Michelle
          Each smile, each laugh, each tear, is a moment lived.
          Moments tend to expand when shared.

Comment

I've heard doorbells for many years. And old doctor told me abut exploding head syndrome and it matches perfectly.

Forgive me if its not allowed. If its not, just google exploding head syndrome.

Comment

oh I though I was going crazy. I am so glad to hear others with ms are experiencing these things to. I smell things like something is cooking, I go to look. thinking I forgot and left something on stove...nothing. when I am going to sleep I hear voices....or when the house is quite....and also I see thing out of the corner of my eyes and look, and nothing is there. I have told my doc, (I think she thinks I am crazy) she didn't say anything. I have told my husband (he thinks I am going crazy) I thought I was....thank you guys....I now know I am not crazy....What is doing wrong with our brain...does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Pitcock View Post
                oh I though I was going crazy. I am so glad to hear others with ms are experiencing these things to. I smell things like something is cooking, I go to look. thinking I forgot and left something on stove...nothing. when I am going to sleep I hear voices....or when the house is quite....and also I see thing out of the corner of my eyes and look, and nothing is there. I have told my doc, (I think she thinks I am crazy) she didn't say anything. I have told my husband (he thinks I am going crazy) I thought I was....thank you guys....I now know I am not crazy....What is doing wrong with our brain...does anyone know?
                Wow I have nev

Comment

yes, my mother has heard the radio/tv sounds too. she was actually undiagnosed with MS (her new neuro said she actually has small fiber peripheral neuropathy). either way, when she mentioned the sounds, the doc told her it was seizure activity. my grandfather actually heard the same sounds after he had a seizure (he does not have MS, or at least never showed any symptoms ... he's 91). hope that's a little helpful !

Comment

Originally posted by Pitcock View Post
                    Wow I had never connected the 2, hearing sounds and seeing something in the corner of my eye. I did have about a 2 year span that I would see something out of the corner of my eye, usually late at night when my husband was working. I have never read about the visual thing before.

Comment

Ringing In Ears

I cannot link you because I have not done my 4-5 posts yet. Here is an explanation how to get to a great link. Maybe someone else can link us.

I like Eric Pepins explantation about my ringing in my ears. Look up in Youtube "The Higher Balance Method" Improve Brain Power, Increase Intell..." by the Higher Balance Institute.

It explains a lot!

Comment

Hearing Things

I've heard "voices" in the past. Not where I could make out words, just the voices. That has gone away, but I "see" things all the time, now. But, of course, when I look, nothing is there. I was beginning to think my house was haunted!! So glad to find out that so many have the same things going on.

Comment

Originally posted by klenn1 View Post
                          I was beginning to think my house was haunted!! So glad tools find out that so many have the same things going on.
                          Yes! Or if the thing you "see" is on the floor, you think maybe you have mice!
                          PPMS
                          Dx 07/13

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bo View Post
                            Yes! Or if the thing you "see" is on the floor, you think maybe you have mice!
                            J-Bo I did consider this and had it checked out, we for sure had no mice. Thank goodness because it would freak me out.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for answering this post. I was pretty sure this was an MS thing, it makes sense with all the other symptoms we have. You have all given me a lot info that I am going to look up.

This really doesn't bother me but I do feel I need to tell my nuero about it. That will be #1 on my "question list" for my next nuero visit.

It's soo interesting that many of you say you also smell things that you know isn't there. I do that too! I smell things so vividly that I know I cannot possibly be smelling. For instance, I'm a government worker, so I am in a lot of government buildings, and there are times I could swear I smell someone smoking pot in the halls. lol

Hahahaha, and by the law enforcement offices no less. I KNEW there was no way that was a "real" smell. I was laughing to myself in the hall and someone said in passing, "Well you look very happy today". I thought not as happy as the person smoking pot.lol

At least some things with treacherous disease can be amusing.

Thank you all so much, this is the place where I can come and ask these questions without any judgment or crazy looks. We may not be "normal" to other people, but at least we are "normal" within our world.

Comment

Ascension

What if this is the ascension process and doctors are scurrying to figure out the biological nature of all of this. That we fall back asleep to it being biological because we are soo drugged up. Could it be that this is a nature (yet weird and painful process) to our biological bodies. Maybe our ethereal bodies are trying to burst out?

Comment

Working...
                                X