No announcement yet.

Do You Hear Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me the noises sound like the scrapping sound of moving furniture and I hear occasionally voices at night.I ask my caregivers if they hear it and they don't

Comment

I've had this happen many times...

My hallucinations r soooo specific that I never attempt to tell anyone. They're just plain weird and I know that they can't really b happening.

To name a few:
      I've heard the Jeapardy theme song over and over one day.

Heard sons in basement playing video games. Sent friend down to get them and they weren't there.

Have heard men walking and talking in hallway when I was home alone.

I also often smell something like rotting flesh when near strong odors such as perfume counters and flowering trees.
      Whatevs! as my 14-yr old niece says....
      Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
      Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Documenting

I have been documenting my experiences and sketching pictures of what I see. I have a website where I have recorded these unique experiences since I was 4 years old. Crazy that I am not alone any more. Welcome to my world!!!!! lol

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

D'ou know, thinking about this, I've had it since I was a little kid. Conversations, music, out of nowhere. I'd hear the song seconds before it came on the radio. When I was a child, I always thought it was ghosts.

Comment

Auditory Hallucinations

I feel so much better reading this! I thought I was nuts. As I used to fall off to sleep, I would hear whispers, almost, of people talking *above* me. I couldn't make out the words, but knew they were words and it sounded like a bunch of people talking at a party. I called them (to myself) "the collective". Haven't heard them in years, but now I am looking back at all my various kooky symptoms and re-evaluating!

Comment

This morning I heard singing when I was in the bathroom. My SO had gone to work and the kids were all asleep. It was weird, but not so unusual for me. I also hear songs on the radio and recognize the words but not the tune. Eventually I do hear the correct tune but it is unsettling.

*I may have already answered this, I can't remember

Comment

I get this all the time. I hear what sounds like a stadium full of cheering fans in the distance, or a talk radio show playing in another room, or beautiful drumming or chanting, or an argument somewhere not near, etc. etc. etc.

Since I also get visual hallucinations (most often rolling shadows or shark fins at knee level), I asked the neuro-opthamologist about this, and he said this was common. My brain was trying to make some sense out of degraded information coming from my disfunctional nerves.

He said this could be true of other sensory stuff too, like hearing. It made sense to me.

Stay lifted,
                Mermaid
                "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Working...
                X