Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Romania

Hello everyone,

I registered few months ago but wasn't very active. Now I feel it's time to make my own thread as the text above says...

I was diagnosed in september 2011 with RRMS and started Avonex shots since 5 months ago. I am nearly 30 years old.I live in a city near the sea and I love being woken by the seagulls every morning.

I write science fiction and poems. I like to read a lot and watch comedies. Unfortunately I have no friends so my life revolves around movies and books.

Well, that's all I can think about now, if you wanna know me just ask Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this large community!
    Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behavior decides who stays in your life.

Hi Romania!

I hope you find some friends here. What kind of treatment are you on?

Comment

Hi Saavik,

Welcome to MSWorld! I've found the message board to be extremely helpful to me in terms of both information and support. I hope you do as well.

Look forward to seeing your posts.

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD SAAAVIK!!!! Ako sa mas?I'm sorry I do not know any other language other than English ( that was Slovak, it means how are you? We are glad to have you! I hope you will meet a lot of new friends here. You can also check out our chat rooms. They are open 24/7.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hello Saavik

Welcome!! What do you do in Romania? Glad you came back out again...come back often!!
          take care
          Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by DebbieB
            Welcome to MSWorld! I've found the message board to be extremely helpful to me in terms of both information and support. I hope you do as well.
            Thanks DebbieB I actually reached to this site by doing a Google search regarding some of my symptoms. I usually like to find out about things myself and this forum was an excellent source of information.

Originally posted by hunterd
            WELCOME TO MSWORLD SAAAVIK!!!! Ako sa mas?I'm sorry I do not know any other language other than English ( that was Slovak, it means how are you? We are glad to have you! I hope you will meet a lot of new friends here. You can also check out our chat rooms. They are open 24/7.
            Thanks for the welcome hunterd. I've been to chatroom several times and had some interesting conversations. That Slovak sounds nice, I know few words in Serbian and studied French in school. But my favorite remains English, hope I'm not making too many mistakes.

Thank you everyone for replying
            Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behavior decides who stays in your life.

Comment

Hi there, nice to meet you but sorry for the reason why. I also take avonex and have for about 8 months now. I am very fortunate with it as I don't have hardly any side effects from it. How about you are you one of the lucky ones?

My 21 year old daughter has social anxiety so she has lived most of her life without friends. The best thing she has done recently for herself is to put herself out there and it has helped her tremendously. I think this site is a great place to meet new people and get support from others. I hope your journey with this all goes well and if you need a friend I am a frequent flyer of this site lol and would love to chat.
              Tira

Comment

Originally posted by Camsue
                Welcome!! What do you do in Romania?
                Hi Camsue

Before I got diagnosed and some time after I've organized traditional workshops and festivals to promote our traditions and customs. But it got too hard to continue and since almost one year I am a freelancer, working from home for people around the world. And when inspiration comes I write science fiction and sometimes love poems.

Originally posted by from2344
                Hi there, nice to meet you but sorry for the reason why. I also take avonex and have for about 8 months now. I am very fortunate with it as I don't have hardly any side effects from it. How about you are you one of the lucky ones?

My 21 year old daughter has social anxiety so she has lived most of her life without friends. The best thing she has done recently for herself is to put herself out there and it has helped her tremendously. I think this site is a great place to meet new people and get support from others. I hope your journey with this all goes well and if you need a friend I am a frequent flyer of this site lol and would love to chat.
                Hi and thanks for reply

Sometimes I think that this whole Avonex thing doesn't worth the effort since I am feeling bad every week. Before taking it I used to have a relapse 2 or 3 times a year with a medium period of 2 weeks for each relapse.

Before each shot I have to take strong anti-flu pills and continue with them for a day after the shot. One of the most irritating side effects it's that my skin feels as if it burns and I hardly manage to keep my clothes on. Sometimes I notice mood swings and negative thoughts and I have to deal with them. During the night I have all sorts of bad dreams and this goes on every week ...

I am happy to hear that your daughter managed to break that circle and is taking steps for a normal life. Unfortunately I am without friends because of an overprotective mother. I used to have playmates but as soon as I started to grow up and become an adolescent everyone was suddenly unfit for me. If sometimes I would break the strict rules she imposed I would have to hear her shouting for days ... So, in order to have some peace I isolated myself. I've been doing it for so many years that now, at 30 it's kinda difficult to change this. Besides I'm still living with her so ... you get what I mean :P

I'd love to chat with you one day

Comment

your English is fine.there are others here from Romania. I cannot remember their names right now, but I do know that there is one person that I see in the chat room on occasion.
                  hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                  volunteer
                  MS World
                  hunterd@msworld.org
                  PPMS DX 2001

Comment

Hi Saavik

WELCOME! You sound like a lovely interesting person. I'm sure many people would like to be friends with you if you weren't trapped in such a cruel situation.

Will you share some of your poetry with us? Or is in Romanian?

I wish I could put you on a lifeboat and escape to another country. I, too, have an abusive, overprotective mother who tried to keep me isolated. When I was your age, I still had the strength to fight my way to freedom. Now that I have MS, even though I am 61, I still fear that that mother, who is still alive, will swallow me up and trap me.

Don't worry about your English. We understand you and that's what is important.

Do you have Tysabri in Romania? It sound like the Avonex is not helping you too much and you are experiencing the worst of its side effects.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. There is another site called Daily Strength that may be better for connecting with friends. This site is used mainly for information and occasional venting.

I'm glad you reached out to the West. I hope you will continue to stay with us. Palmtree

Comment

I did not think to tell you, you should submit some of your poetry to CreativeCenter@msworld.org
                      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                      volunteer
                      MS World
                      hunterd@msworld.org
                      PPMS DX 2001

Comment

Before each shot I have to take strong anti-flu pills and continue with them for a day after the shot. One of the most irritating side effects it's that my skin feels as if it burns and I hardly manage to keep my clothes on. Sometimes I notice mood swings and negative thoughts and I have to deal with them. During the night I have all sorts of bad dreams and this goes on every week ...

I am so sorry to hear this, did you speak to your neurologist about these side effects?

I would also call avonex nurse to let her know about your side effects.

Take care and I hope your doctors can help you

Comment

Saavik - Welcome to MSWorld!

Your interest in poetry and writing is fabulous. As Hunterd said, please check out the MSWorld Creative Center.

Here are links to the Creative Center:
                          Poetry Section:
                          http://creativecenter.msworld.org/library/poetry
                          Home Page of Creative Center:
                          http://creativecenter.msworld.org

As Hunterd said, you and other members are welcome to email any submissions to creative center@msworld.org.

Best Wishes!

Alan

Comment

Thank you very much hunterd, I've checked the Creative Center and I love the idea behind it. Unfortunately my poetry is in my native language so unless there are many Romanians here I don't think it would make sense to add it.

Originally posted by palmtree
                            Will you share some of your poetry with us? Or is in Romanian?
                            My poems are only in Romanian, I find it difficult to write in English since I am not a native speaker and the meaning behind the lyrics may not be the same as I intend. Each language has its own subtleties and they are used a lot in a poem. But I have some short science fiction stories if you're interested.

I don't think I would last to 61 with my mother hope someone will invent time travel and take me somewhere into the future before I go insane :P

As far as I know the Romanian Health Programme covers only Avonex, Copaxone and another one which is certainly not Tysabri. I'm gonna try it for some more months and if it's still the same or worse I might give up on Avonex. Thanks for your kind words and the site suggestion, I will have a look on it.

I will go and see my neurologist, maybe next month tspaulding and see if he can do anything about it. But I have the feeling he'll just add some more meds to the menu

Thank you alanpgh, I will pick some of my short stories written in English and see if there is any section they would fit for the Creative Center. But I must warn you, it's just amateur writing

Thank you all for reply!

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to our world sorry you have to be here.

You said you are RRMS. So am I and Im on Tecfidera pills they work for me and only have the flushing issue. you might ask if it could work for you.

My MS has been giving me issues only because of stress

hope tto see you around

Comment

Working...
                              X