New symptom and one getting worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New symptom and one getting worse

What I call my "internal earthquakes" still have not stopped. I feel like I am having some internal shaking along with some hand tremors and from time to time some brief head shaking. They are always worse in the morning.

My fatigue is also worse in the morning. I literally drag myself to the kitchen to swallow my pills and then lay on the couch for an hour while they kick in. This means getting up at the crack of 5 am so they have time to kick in before its time to get kids up for school. The past week or so, I have started having nervous leg shaking. Its not uncontrollable but...it is. Its like that nervous leg shaking people do in the doctors office. Its like I have all this nervous energy bottled up and it has to get out, only I don't have any energy other than to shake my legs. My family is worried and keeps asking if I am okay; having a seizure. It is awful and overwhelming. What is going on?

I had 'internal tremors' for a few years before and after dx., hand, facial and intention tremors also.

Pre-dx I was told internal tremors are related to stress, depression, etc. After dx and years of searching various reputable MS sites, watching educational videos presented by world renound researchers of neuro disorders, it seems internal tremors are not uncommon in CNS disfunction.

My head, hand and facial tremors are also more prominate upon waking first thing in the morning.

Just wanting to offer some re-assurance that your sx's are not uncommon. If it's even possible to be reassured by the factual information.

Comment

I also have internal shaking. I'm so glad I'm
      Not the only one. It's impossible to explain
      it to someone who doesn't experience it. You
      are not alone

Comment

Hi Amy,

I just wanted to share with you a link to the National MS Society about tremors. They are unnerving. I also get what you described as nervous leg shaking, it happens to me upon movement (aka intention tremor). http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...mor/index.aspx

Would it help if you could keep your morning pills & a bottled drink next to your bed? At least then you wouldn't have to drag yourself to the kitchen and then lay on the couch for an hour waiting for them to kick in. Just me thinking about what has helped me. I'm sorry you are continuing to have such a hard time. It's tough enough getting young kids ready for school when you are well.

Take care ,
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Just wanted to say that I too get internal earthquakes. I got them well before diagnosis and thought it was something external to me. Really difficult to describe to others -- but they really are mini earthquakes. Mine are not as consistent as yours sound to be. If they were, then I'd be calling my neuro.

Comment

I actually thought we had an earthquake the other morning I foolishly posted something on Facebook about it. I honestly thought it was real...turns out it was just me

Comment

Working...
            X