Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Me!

Hello,

I was diagnosed with RRMS in November of 2011.

I started feeling numbness in my finger tips which led to several tests including an MRI of my brain and neck that led to my diagnosis. I was a little shocked by the news but was familiar to the disease as my sister had MS as well.

I am currently on Copaxone, work out regularly & I feel great. Unfortunately, I'm not to thrilled with my Neurologist. He just seems so disconnected and my appointments with him last 10 minutes with general questions about my health and then ends with a "see you in six months".

I'm excited to be part of this community and look forward to meeting new people!

Hi and welcome.

Comment

Hi JJ1122

Welcome! Glad you're doing well on Copaxone.

I think sometimes the Neurologist just doesn't know what to do or say, especially if you're doing okay. This condition isn't the same in anyone...My first Neurologist didn't want to 'label me' so he didn't give my condition a name, just left me in limbo, la-la land. Guess he thought that was better...NOT! He told me if half my body went numb again to come back to see him ...that was 29 years ago. Back then the only treatment were steroids and they hadn't seperated into categories RRMS, PPMS, etc...

Welcome!
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
      X