Newly Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly Diagnosed

Hello from norther California... I was diagnosed in 2012 with PPMS, this is after 2 years of going through symptoms that had me baffled and going to numerous doctors, finally I found a wonderful GP and Nuero doctor. Anyway I am just learning how to deal with this after finally seeing what is causing what we all go through with MS. I have been doing a lot of reading and joining lots of online support communities to be able to talk with others that know what I am going through. My wonderful Fiance really tries to understand and help the best she can. Anyway I am happy to be here and look forward to interacting with this community and make some new friends.

Hi and welcome but sorry for the reasons why you are hefe.

I also have PPMS and was diagnosed at the end of 2012 after a misdiagnosis of ADEM back in 2009 (which explains why I was not getting better).

Comment

Mcolt: Welcome to MS World! We are happy you joined! Sorry that you have PPMS, what a tough break. Please look around the site and ask and answer any questions you have or see anywhere. There is a separate section for PPMSers and SPMSers on here. There are also lots of different chat rooms available at different times that you may like.

Hope you are feeling well today

Take care
      We will see you around!
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Welcome!

Hi! I am going into my 1st year after diagnosis and almost 6 months after starting medication Tecfidera. I have what my Neuro calls RRMS. They almost didn't make the diagnosis but my spinal tap showed 9 "o" rings....I call them "o" rings because I can't pronounce the right word. lol. He said if there were only 2 rings he would not say yes to MS, but since I have 9 he will say yes but that it is "mild". I am thankful for having a physician who sent me to be checked after my carpal tunnel tests were negative. I have 2 brain lesions, 1 on my right side of brain, the other directly on my spinal cord in back of my neck. I go back in March for a follow up from the medication and a follow up on my Brain Stem MRI.

Good luck to you!

Jen

Comment

Thank your all for the warm welcome. I feel blessed to be able to get to know others that know and feel what I feel. As I read the posts in this community I see inspiration and strength to me. I only pray that I can be the same to others here as well.

Blessings!!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X