X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. End this thing!!
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I've played that game on occasion, or at least had that occasional thought cross my mind. MS is unpredictable, which drives me crazy. I never know from one day to the next how I'm going to feel, and MS has dramatically changed my life. I'm still trying to find acceptance but it's proven to be a long, difficult process emotionally. It's very different for everyone but I try very hard not to dwell on it. Sometimes easier said than done, admittedly!

Comment

[QUOTE=dyin_myelin;1439937]Does anyone else play this (for whatever reason)?

If I am to be completely honest, I would say YES!
        While I do not dwell on it, when I hear "Mr Smith was diagnosed with XYZ" I think to myself = "At least that disease will kill them and they get to go, while I am stuck with a disease that will simply torture me the rest of my life.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

[QUOTE=fishead;1444650]
          Originally posted by dyin_myelin View Post
          Does anyone else play this (for whatever reason)?

While I do not dwell on it, when I hear "Mr Smith was diagnosed with XYZ" I think to myself = "At least that disease will kill them and they get to go, while I am stuck with a disease that will simply torture me the rest of my life.
          Me too.
          Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by fishead View Post
            Hi fishead, it's nice to see you posting again

I do understand what you are saying and I am glad you are being honest, it's the best way to be

Yes, it's true that some health issues will mean death and the person is no longer suffering and those of us with MS get to live with a disease that at times can be very difficult at best.

On the other had <sigh> the person who is dealing with something else may not be ready to leave this life but, in the end, has no choice.

I have a friend whom I have known since 7th grade. She has a loving husband, stepchildren, grandchildren and a 15 year old daughter.

She was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. She went in for surgery. She had the initial surgery to remove her ovaries and then 2 more surgeries that she was not aware of.

You see, she was already stage 4 but this was not known until the first surgery.

Diagnosed Nov. 2013, surgery Dec. 17, 2013 and died January 28, 2014.

Yes, she is no longer in pain and is at peace but, I can tell you for sure she was not ready to leave her husband and her young daughter
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
              Hi fishead, it's nice to see you posting again

I do understand what you are saying and I am glad you are being honest, it's the best way to be

Yes, it's true that some health issues will mean death and the person is no longer suffering and those of us with MS get to live with a disease that at times can be very difficult at best.

On the other had <sigh> the person who is dealing with something else may not be ready to leave this life but, in the end, has no choice.

I have a friend whom I have known since 7th grade. She has a loving husband, stepchildren, grandchildren and a 15 year old daughter.

She was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. She went in for surgery. She had the initial surgery to remove her ovaries and then 2 more surgeries that she was not aware of.

You see, she was already stage 4 but this was not known until the first surgery.

Diagnosed Nov. 2013, surgery Dec. 17, 2013 and died January 28, 2014.

Yes, she is no longer in pain and is at peace but, I can tell you for sure she was not ready to leave her husband and her young daughter

agreed. And for us, there is still hope! I have gotten down with this disease more than once, I am sure we all have. But I rather live vs being dead. Because you never know what tomorrow will bring.
              Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

I'm sorry, Snoopy.

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post

You see, she was already stage 4 but this was not known until the first surgery. ...died January 28, 2014.

I am so sorry to hear that, Snoopy. My condolences!
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Originally posted by Katje View Post
                    But I rather live vs being dead. Because you never know what tomorrow will bring.
                    I agree. I'd rather live vs being dead...today, but with MS, i can't guarantee I'll feel the same way tomorrow.
                    Tawanda

Comment

Ah, but how do you tell? If death is just eternal unconsciousness, then you'll never know.

Burning in hell seems to have gone out of fashion (though a Catholic priest told me he still believes that is true). Limbo, gone. Reincarnation, kind of pointless; I want to know it's me.

To be honest, I really don't mind. If it's anything like a general anaesthetic from which you never awake, then fine.

Comment

This was definitely a post that made me think and of course, laugh at some responses.

I still remember my neuro telling me on average, that it takes two years to adjust to a diagnosis, but that as the disease progresses, expect to cycle through various feelings of anger, denial, grief, etc...

There is no right or wrong way in how someone deals. I do agree that people always expect us to think positive, but I know it is easier for my family and friends to deal with this way. After 8 years they finally get that it is OK when I can't think this way. That being said, I have told them that since my natural is to be more positive, if I stay negative for a few months, to let me know, as for me, it probably means I need some help dealing with something.

How we deal is really personal and sharing both positive and negative helps all of us. Most of us are probably in between, positive sometimes, negative others. This board helps me know that either way, what I am feeling is normal.
                        Kathy
                        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
                          Ah, but how do you tell? If death is just eternal unconsciousness, then you'll never know.

Burning in hell seems to have gone out of fashion (though a Catholic priest told me he still believes that is true). Limbo, gone. Reincarnation, kind of pointless; I want to know it's me.

To be honest, I really don't mind. If it's anything like a general anaesthetic from which you never awake, then fine.
                          I believe the Bible is Word of God. It is His word that gives me the strength continue in this miserable life. It is His promise of eternal life that gives me hope that I will someday have a new body, free of defects and illness.

Comment

Originally posted by Jola View Post
                            I believe the Bible is Word of God. It is His word that gives me the strength continue in this miserable life. It is His promise of eternal life that gives me hope that I will someday have a new body, free of defects and illness.
                            I'm in. I never thought much about religion until I got sick. I was kind of Agnostic in my early adulthood, but now I find comfort in the same spirituality I ditched before M.S. Is that cheating?!
                            Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                              I'm in. I never thought much about religion until I got sick. I was kind of Agnostic in my early adulthood, but now I find comfort in the same spirituality I ditched before M.S. Is that cheating?!
                              Lol...no it's not cheating at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X