Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal to be really tired even after a full nights rest??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK guys, I'm not even sure how to word this because it always seems like I'm being rushed. but is it normal to get like 6-8 hours of sleep and still be like super tired after that? I did have insomnia but even after it gets better im still sleepy tia

I can sleep 9 hours and still have fatigue the next day, so yes it can happen. You may not be getting to the deepest levels of sleep (my situation), or you could just have MS fatigue. I read once that because your brain has to work harder to get around lesions to do normal activities, you have fatigue.
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

People with MS often report feeling tired. Are you taking any sleep aids for the insomnia? They can make you feel tired the next day also.

I think the number of hours of sleep we need is often underestimated and is more like 8-10 hours.

I'm careful to guard my sleep and almost always get between 8-10 hours but still feel tired much of the time. I work a lot of hours at a fairly stressful job so I'm not sure if its MS, work or just getting older. Probably a combination of all the above.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

That does happen to me some days. I will usually rest more if I am able, I figure my body must need it.

Comment

I get 8-10 and wake up and feel awesome, like nothing's wrong. An hour later my left leg feels weak and it's downhill from there. I used to love that hour, I'd doze in bed for a little and then remember coffee existed and jumped up and started my day.

Comment

Sometimes I'm terribly fatigued when I wake up even after 9-hour sleep and sometimes I feel good after 6 hours. It depends on the day.

Usually, when I wake up fatigued I feel like this for the rest of the day and some extra rest is the only thing that helps.
            But I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world,
            Somehow I have to find.
            And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world,
            I will learn to survive.

Comment

I think it's normal for MS patients to be fatigued even after a night's sleep. I think fatigue is the one symptom most shared by MSers. (I've read that fatigue is the most common MS symptom.)

But just an fyi...I really didn't think I had a sleep problem, but I did have fatigue. I change neuros and he has his MS patients do a sleep study...so I did it. Turned out I have sleep apnea and was not getting any REM sleep the entire night. Now I use a CPAP machine, and although I still fatigue easily, I'm not nodding off in front of the computer while working

If it is straight MS fatigue there are meds to help, ask your neuro about them.

Hope you find some therapy/med that will help.

Comment

It depends, butterfly.girl.

Have other causes for your fatigue been ruled out? Such as a sleep disorder, medication(s), vitamin/mineral deficiencies and other health issues which could cause fatigue?

If the answer is yes to the above questions then, yes, it can be normal.

If your answer to the above questions is no then it might not be normal and you should contact either your PCP or your neuro and explain how you are feeling with the possibility of testing for other causes.

Rule of thumb:

Never assume something is MS related until other causes can be ruled out.
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I have neurogenic fatigue so "tired" all the time but very rarely am I sleepy tired.

Comment

Working...
                  X