RE: new and needing to talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symptoms

I thought I had Carpal Tunnel so I went to see my Orthopedic Surgeon who did my Rotator Cuff surgery. I mentioned that when I bent my head down I had a shock go down my back to my heals and finger tips. I asked what that was. My carpal tunnel tests were negative so she sent me back to the same Neurologists (by coincidence) and he then tested me for a pinched nerve in my neck. Nothing pinched, no carpal tunnel. So then she set up a Brain Stem MRI. I went into this thinking nothing was going to show up. At my follow up appt. she told me I had had an abnormal brain scan in the T2 lesions ( I believe). Just by chance, the Neurologist also has been dealing with MS patients for over 30 years of his career! Lucky for me. He discussed options and I had read all I could find on MS diagnosis options. He suggested a Spinal Tap and I requested the same! The procedure was painless mostly, but I had developed the worst migraine a day later that lasted 4 1/2 days. He prescribed me a medication that took it away in one day, thankfully.

He referred me on to OSU Wexner Medical facility in Columbus, Ohio and now I have a great Neurlogist there and they have a forum set up where I can email his assistant anytime, day or night, with any question and either get an immediate phone call if necessary or a follow up email response. They are great with me. I am on Tecfidera and have finally adjusted pretty well to it. I'm not fond of needles so I did what I had to do to adjust and I'm doing well now.

The 'hug' you speak of....I had that. I had it on the left side of my torso and my left hand and my left knee. It all lasted about 3 weeks and I had to go off work for a month with those symptoms and the Spinal Tap and diagnosis. Have since went back to work and doing good so far. It felt like I had a pillow attached to the left side of my back, an ace bandage on my left knee, my toes were ICE cold for days, and my left hand felt swolen (although it didn't look like it) and numb with needles. My husband had to tie my shoes.

I found out I cannot do a hot tub anymore.....drains me totally and makes me nauseous and light headed. Overall, I do get tired easy, but get along pretty well. I have more headaches than normal and sometimes when I look at the Directv guide on my tv, it is blurry and I squint to read it. Other times it's perfectly clear. My eye doctor checks me for any abnormalities as her cousin was misdiagnosed with MS for over 5 years. I think I am lucky to have the physicians I have and that someone must be looking out for me from above.

I do hope you find relief soon, and hang in there. Keep asking questions, keep making your doctors look at you. Do not give up til you have an answer. You know what your "normal" is so go with that.

Jen

Jen

Comment

Working...
    X