X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggle with MS and Tecfidera

Hello,
    First time I place a message on this board - coming out of the closet
    I was diagnosed in 09 and started Tecfidera 4 month ago. I did not use any med before because I am not such a fan of these heavy meds. However, the symptoms got really bad and I took Tecfidera. The symptoms did not get worse but also not better (I am happy about that) but also what happened is that I have very bad lower back pain. The muscles in my lower back hurt so much that I have sometime a hard time to get up. When I am up it is getting better. Does anyone else have this symptom?

I am reading many posts and I have to say I am impressed with how strong many of you are! MS is a mean - one day all is OK - the next day I have a hard time walking or seeing. I can't work which drives me crazy, I can't plan much ahead which also drives me up the wall.
    Thank you for reading "my post" and my respect to you! I am learning to cope with it….

Please remember not every symptom is due to MS or a side effect of a medication. Low back pain is a common complaint for most general or family practitioners. In your situation I would probably get evaluated by your family doctor. I would call MS ActiveSource at 1.800.456.2255 and speak with a nurse about your symptom(s).

Either way, I hope you get relief from your pain. Back pain is gnarly and not in a good way. I wish you well ...

Comment

Hi Erwin,

Welcome to MS World! Glad to meet you, but sorry why you are here. I hope you find this is a wonderful place for knowlege & support. Hope Tecidera proves very effective for you!

You did mention some days you have a hard time walking? That may have something to do with your lower back pain (maybe not, just throwing that out there as a possibility). I didn't even realize how bad I was walking (I wasn't watching myself walk in view of the mirror ), when my lower back pain first hit. (I also found it hurt less after I got up ) It wasn't until I began complaining of lower back pain that my doctor finally made a connection to my other symptoms. But by that time, my spastic gait was very obvious to the rest of the world. I almost felt like someone had put a sign on my back (was still going through the testing phase), when perfect strangers started to ask if I had MS!

But, as Marco already pointed it out, not every symptom is from MS or medication. Hope your doctors will have some answers for you! Best of luck !
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, likely it is not from the medication, I just don't know. In my case I have symptoms in
        new parts of my body once in a while.
        You all are a great help, just knowing that others have problems as well and know how to deal with it!
        Take good care -

Comment

Working...
        X