MS and dating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chris,

Getting involved in your MsS community is a great way, whether support group or volunteer.

I can understand your thoughts, but I wouldn't limit yourself either. I've met people with MS who don't always get it. They were either milder or more progressive and thought "needed to suck it up".

I met my husband after diagnosis. He did get scared at one point, but then realized no one knows their future. I almost ran away, as I wondered if it was fair to him. He said he could have a stroke, get hit by a car, etc...and I could be his caretaker. No guarantees in life. It hit home. I have had a rough year and he has been my biggest supporter. Even with that, he is incredibly happy in our marriage. We are both lucky.

Take a chance, MS or not when you meet someone who interests you.

Good luck and have fun looking.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Oh yes, I definitely will Pennstater. I always try to keep an open mind and I would never limit myself to just one group of people. My biggest concern is that I cannot be a "provider" at the moment, although I am doing everything in my power to try and get healthy enough to work. Most people want their man to at least be able to support himself, usually quite a bit more. This is something I cannot do at the moment, I am relying on my Mom and Stepdad. Luckily they have been very smart with their money and are pulling in a decent amount of income from their retirement benefits and renting the six houses that they own.

But still, most women are not going to want a 40 year-old man that is dependent on his parents, and I totally understand that. But, like I said, that could change and I am still hopeful I will be able to work again. Fatigue and dizziness are my biggest enemies when it comes to working a job with regular hours, which is most of them!

Chris

Comment

With CCSVI largely discredited maybe we could convert that to the dating forum. "I would rather have a man in front of me than a ruptured artery."

Comment

I just need to find a good paying job that I can sleep at, then everything will be great.

Comment

Hi Chris

You sound like an ok kinda guy lol I'm sure you will not have any problems in finding ladies happy to engage with you, however or whatever will remain to be seen.

I understand your concerns about financial viability, living with parents etc, but try and focus on the you who is instead who isn't. Once people get to know you, everything else seems to have a way of falling into place.

Best of luck.
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by choco View Post
              Hi Chris

You sound like an ok kinda guy lol I'm sure you will not have any problems in finding ladies happy to engage with you, however or whatever will remain to be seen.

I understand your concerns about financial viability, living with parents etc, but try and focus on the you who is instead who isn't. Once people get to know you, everything else seems to have a way of falling into place.

Best of luck.
              Thanks, I will try my best to do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by cmorris975 View Post
                Thanks, I will try my best to do just that.

Easier said than done, I know. If you fancy a UK penpal feel free to contact me. Like you said, it's those who have it who get it.
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I am new MS World (and frankly new to dating again) how do you all disclose your diagnosis to potential partners?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbaby View Post
                    Like fish in na barrel, OP. LOL.
                    I didn’t sign up for MS message boards looking for women, but yes it’s like fish in a barrel, and I found them anyway, or more often they found me. Some have turned out to be long-term completely platonic relationships (and they would be even if they were in the same town) with wonderful people, but a few others were different. The NSA phone calls, texts, and video chats with faraway folk can very good confidence-builders for going into the real world. Have a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by stllsmilin View Post
                      I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I am new MS World (and frankly new to dating again) how do you all disclose your diagnosis to potential partners?
                      I put it right out there ASAP. Relationships are built on honesty anyways, might as well just get it out there and not waste anyone's time. Just my opinion of course! And I did meet my last girlfriend of six years that way, by being up front about it in a craigslist post.

Comment

Working...
                      X