My New PJ Wardrobe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New PJ Wardrobe

I have traded in my career wardrobe for my new pajama wardrobe. (I no longer work) I actually find myself automatically going to the "sleepwear" section of every department store I go to. I am usually there to buy clothes for my husband and 2 teenage daughters, but always venture to the PJ area.

This all started when I noticed that when my daughters would have friends over, they always saw me in my PJ's. One of their best friends made a comment about how every time they saw me, I was in PJ's. So, that one comment gave me the motivation to invest in a more suitable PJ collection. I just figured if I was going to be in my PJ's all the time, why not be fashionable about it?

So, I loaded up on matching sleepwear sets and even matching bedroom shoes. It really boosted my confidence (I know, pathetic). I also found that PJ's are way less expensive than my regular career attire. It also gave me the incentive to either wear a little bronzer or sort of fix my hair or wear some of my jewelry to make me look not so sick or lazy. I've been getting positive comments from my family and friends, when they visit. It has really improved my confidence about myself and condition. I know that sounds really cheesy, but I think all of us could use a little boost.

Not cheesy at all. In fact.... it's downright genius! Plus having it boost your confidence! I may well just try that, my wardrobe consists of steroid clothes (bigger) and non steroid clothes. Some pjs do look like track pants.

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Excellent idea! My wardrobe consists of PJs too, or workout clothes depending on how badly my PJs look that day and if I am expecting the exterminator or someone like it. Mine caught me in the tub today...of course they called my husband at work and he let them in (sweet guy-not so much-could have called me first), anyway the poor guy comes upstairs and there I sit in the tub naked a jay bird. He quickly shut my door and went about his business.

However, when I got out, I put on a matching PJ set, not clothes. Think I am going to invest in some nicer ones too, and shut my door from now on even though I am locked in my house. (We will have a conversation about this if he ever gets home tonight.) LOL!

Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Plus wearing PJs really cuts down on the dry cleaning bill that you have with work clothes!

Comment

I have always been a PJ queen. When I get home from work at 3pm I jump right into PJs. I have summer,fall and winter. It's Fleesce season now. I have short sets, Capri length and pant length sets, love them.
          At bedtime it's a shower and a night gown, I don't care to sleep in that much cloths.

Comment

Nice idea! Collecting items that you like and boost confidence. Keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by Maytay View Post
              I have traded in my career wardrobe for my new pajama wardrobe. (I no longer work) I actually find myself automatically going to the "sleepwear" section of every department store I go to. I am usually there to buy clothes for my husband and 2 teenage daughters, but always venture to the PJ area.

This all started when I noticed that when my daughters would have friends over, they always saw me in my PJ's. One of their best friends made a comment about how every time they saw me, I was in PJ's. So, that one comment gave me the motivation to invest in a more suitable PJ collection. I just figured if I was going to be in my PJ's all the time, why not be fashionable about it?

So, I loaded up on matching sleepwear sets and even matching bedroom shoes. It really boosted my confidence (I know, pathetic). I also found that PJ's are way less expensive than my regular career attire. It also gave me the incentive to either wear a little bronzer or sort of fix my hair or wear some of my jewelry to make me look not so sick or lazy. I've been getting positive comments from my family and friends, when they visit. It has really improved my confidence about myself and condition. I know that sounds really cheesy, but I think all of us could use a little boost.
              You made my day! I have swollen so much that nothing fits. I resorted to yardsale p.j.s that were supper large. My hubby felt bad for me and got me some large sweatpants. Its important to be comfortable. I think maybe if I dress up those sweats, I would feel way better. Thanks so much for sharing!

Comment

Wal-Mart has an excellent assortment of PJ sets that come in plus sizes and are super affordable. At department stores, I've seen them for $40+. I don't think anyone is going to notice I'm not wearing Vera Wang!

Comment

Instead of pj's, I recently shopped for 'leisure wear' type attire. Things like yoga pants and fashionable but long and comfy matching tops, with lace embellishements, etc. My last shopping excersion was late summer and I caught a few leisure wear items on sale. The yoga pants are the capri style that just don't due the trick for me during the cold winter months. I think I waited too long for the winter
                  'leisure wear' sale.

I was embarassed when I realized that most of my 20yr old's friends have probably never seen me in anything but pj's, during winter months add a huge warm bath robe.

About 2yrs ago I tried to return to work. Although it didn't work out, during the 2 week attempt, my kid's friends didn't recognize me in my corporate look, hair and make-up. It did give me a momentary confidence boost, and I so loved that I could still pull off my former 'put-together' look. It's exhausting now, but I remember back in the day I achieved that put together look every morning in 45 mins on a bad hair day, under 30 mins on a good day.

Fashionable pj's and cute leisure wear pieces are a great investment, boosts the confidence and improves my mood.

Comment

Me, myself, have to say well done you can still go shopping! I do all mine online. Only shop I go to apart from the less-than-super market is the pharmacist.

Pyjamas are the way to roll. No formal wear, or "smart casual", though, in the PJ department. Weddings, funerals - becomes problematic.

Comment

Ahhh, comfy is the only way to go!

I add the comfy "spa" type socks that are soooo soft to my daily outfit!

We can't control MS, but we can " be comfy" for the ride!

Comment

Working...
                      X